So been a while since i have updated this!
Car has been off the road since September just due to not wanting to use it during the winter months. Been beneficial though as its postponed my mot to a better time rather than the week before Xmas. So last weekend it passed its mot with one advisory, Rear wheel bearing starting to show slight play. So fairly happy with that!
To save hassle x2 rear discs have been ordered and awaiting delivery. Along with this i decided to purchase some track time up Knockhill racing circuit. So the car will be seeing the track again in 2 weeks time.
Before the upcoming track day i have decided to service the car as its not been done since last year, the car hasnt seen a lot of miles since its last service but going to do so for piece of mind.
Ordered are as follows.
BMC Air filter cleaner and regenerator kit
Rear discs and pads
And also a couple other goodies for the car
Most of which have been delivered
Still waiting on a few things coming but over the weekend I decided to set about tackling the airfilter. Now this fikter was off another car a mate had bought a few year back and the filter looked pretty old then and iv had it for 4 years and hasnt been cleaned once. So safe to say was pretty intrigued as to how the kit works and how the filter will clean up.
First of all removed the filter from the car and brought it in the house to pull apart.
Straight away i spotted an issue as the screws were all rusty so to my delight 2 of which rounded. Pliers got them out and the filter was soon in 3 parts.
Following the instructions with the kit i tapped out some debris from the filter was actually shocked how much came out 😳then applied the cleaning solution down all the cores in the filter, i decided to use the kitchen sink to do this so you can only imagine the mrs face when she witnessed the aftermath 😂😂
i then applied more cleaning solution and rinsed with water to flush it thoroughly 🙊
Yes absolutely caked in dirt, debris and deposits. I then left the filter for 24hrs to completely dry out. Now to recoating with the regenerator oil in the kit. Bit if a fiddle messy job as this needs to be applied from the inside so once again a fine coating down every single core and let it all haze up so the whole filter element was a red colour and let it all dry in this took about an hour or so before it was completely dry.
Now for reassembly. Instead of faffing around with the old screws I headed out to the shed/workshop and looked out some new self tappers the same size
Then it was a case of screw all parts back together and voila! Job done. Pity the carbon fibre is all dull and faded and also the original sticker has seen better days but atleast internally its like new again!
Thats about it until the next update. Hopefully some more things shall arrive in the post and set about getting stuff fitted before the track day 🏁