ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Infinity Wax QDX Graphene Review

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Grab one of the company cars from work. Never polished, nearly a year old. Washed today, no claying etc. Wipe down with QDX Graphene.

20210329_193633-01.jpeg

20210329_193500-01.jpeg

20210329_193332-01.jpeg

20210329_193530-01.jpeg

20210329_193244-01.jpeg

20210329_193251-01.jpeg

20210329_193201-01.jpeg

I had used this product a couple of times since release but just quickly at work. Tonight I took a bit longer. Never seen a protection product flash/melt into the paintwork like that.

If anyone has used rapid detailer, it seems to have the same flash off style which is really rare, not just in a protection product but even just quick detailers these days seem to need that buff off work. No streaking of any kind even when over applied. Almost disappeared before buffing stage.

Pictures aren't the best but for a car with a wash and wipedown the gloss is really impressive. I have no doubt it will offer a good 2 months protection at least.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'm interested to know how long the product last before it starts to breakdown at or before the 2mth mark.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Nope. The Graphene side of things I'm very unconvinced by. Depending on the condition of the car you could go for something like Kamikaze overcoat of you have the budget.

The application of this product and all IW products is the key to its success.

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nice, I see loads of love for it on Facebook but never sure if it was genuine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

One week after application. Unwashed, hose down only. Water behaviour is there and you can see the gloss levels through the dirt!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Definitely my next purchase. Looked at it for some time.

Out of interest has that car has recent paintwork?.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We bought 2 of then brand new. Now on 4k miles. Possibly from factory but images can throw most things.

Nice product though, Durability isn't a thing for me as I wipe down after most washing really.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tried this again today on a C63, used the microfibre pad method. Still as slick!

Would be interested to see it on a black car. Will test soon!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Would you recommend it over the normal rapid detailer.

I have the former and am impressed with it. Like you say, the flash off is nice and easy. Doesn't feel grabby. Wondering if it's worth the extra for this.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Be interested to see results on the black car. I've been happy with BSD and C2v3 but wouldn't mind trying this just for the sake of trying something new for a change.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Would I recommend it over rapid detailer?

Difficult to say. I don't think the longevity will be there but it's like rapid detailer with protection and genuinely has insane slickness. It's cheap aswell so nothing you can't try and sell.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I've not used it as a standalone product, but this Macan S is protected with their Graphene wax and topped up every 3 weeks with their Graphene QDX, always looks as good as the day it was waxed with minimum effort. No smears, which like you mentioned, is rare for a product that offers such incredible protection properties!

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 13.14.32.png

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I don't think I'd ever buy it just on the basis of the bullshit 'graphene' marketing push :D

not a marketing tactic as such!

with a traditional carnauba wax, the protection levels drops each day by a minor amount. There’s usually a couple months lifespan per application.

with graphene wax (by infinity wax at least), the protection level will stay the same every day without dropping off, of course depending on preparation before applying and maintenance process. They quote 6/9 months I think, and I’d say that’s bang on the money. 5 months later it’s still the same even now!

I think some companies just dyed their usual products grey lol…. But IW have actually nailed their product!

406 V6, Race Buggy
Yeah, but the graphene is just marketing, they're very careful what they say in the wording if you check it - it's like all these products that slap a bit of graphite in (which contains natural minute traces of graphene) - then slap the graphene word over it, it's dishonest and misleading at best.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah you can't just slap some graphene into a liquid and expect it to work.

It's molecular structure doesn't work like that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
For what it's worth IW aren't really that type of company. You'll see none of the other products have gimics like chemical guys and s**t. They worked with a company down south for a long time to get the product stable.

I'm sure they would happily explain via email etc how it works. They are always very honest and upfront. A bit like Bilt hamber, these guys work as a chemistry level not on a branding one, ie how auto finesse etc started with branding. These companies like car chem etc make the products themselves which constantly sets them apart.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
But Graphene is a buzz word. My understanding is, it has made a difference to the product by harnessing the Graphene in a certain way.

406 V6, Race Buggy
The entire point of graphene is you need to use it in huge, long, ordered sheets/chains to benefit from it's properties - that's why nobody is bothered about the natural amount in graphite. ;)