ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Plenum Removal

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Hi Guys

I am in the process of removing the upper inlet manifold/plenum from my 182 to paint it.

A couple of the pipes at the back by the throttle body are quite difficult to remove and I do not want to break them. They are pictured below:

image.jpg

The pipe to the left moves freely around with a small amount of forwards and backwards play but seems to be clipped inside the plenum. The pipe to the right looks like it will pull off with removal of the clip and some force. Should they both pull off? I don't want to go for it and break them!

Cheers

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The rubber pipe on the right pulls off but it is tight, Took me a few attempts at first, Pull the rubber towards the bulk head as that come off the Plenum.

The pipe on the left is a total c0ck and i snapped the small horse shoe clip inside.
You need a very small screw driver to unclip it but be very careful when doing so.

dan's cast offs.
there is a flat on the one on the left, push it in and it will slide off the stub. dead easy to do, if you break it you'd have to be a ham fisted scots man:wink: