ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inlets 182

looking for 172 cup
i have a decat and exhaust fitted on my 182 and was thinking bout getting the ecu remaped.... but have been told should have inlet work done aswell before ecu ...
has anyone got advice bout inlets and what sort of prices i am looking at for the work
inlets
custom remap

172 cup'd extreme
BENr will do your inlet then get it re-mapped by nick hill or pmurray simple as that you will see good gains

Vectra :(
Price of the inlets is about £200ish. If your having a re-map to sort out the fueling then have a word to nick at hillpower about the uprated fuel regulator pump thingy me bob (i am not to technical). He has been fitting these to correct the fueling and is seeing really good gains with them. They are a fraction of the cost of a remap too.

Having mine done soon so will let you know results

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Lam7r said:
Price of the inlets is about £200ish. If your having a re-map to sort out the fueling then have a word to nick at hillpower about the uprated fuel regulator pump thingy me bob (i am not to technical). He has been fitting these to correct the fueling and is seeing really good gains with them. They are a fraction of the cost of a remap too.

Having mine done soon so will let you know results

Not sure that sounds right!!!

simply putting more fuel in is NOT the way to do that.... in some engines and some appliactions its necessary to actually take fuel away as its over rich to get the fueling correct.

looking for 172 cup
what do you recomend then andy mate as i want to get the best out the mods i have :cool:

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
custom mapping of some kind...

really depends if you are going to do some more mods after this lot... cams etc.

Vectra :(
Andy GDI said:
Not sure that sounds right!!!

simply putting more fuel in is NOT the way to do that.... in some engines and some appliactions its necessary to actually take fuel away as its over rich to get the fueling correct.

Hmmm maybe i got the wrong end of the stick from nick but thats what he said, he had been replacing the fuel regulator thingy and getting good gains from it as opposed to a remap or going for the group N spec ecu

Didnt have time to go into detail really as i was in a rush at work so only got the basics

looking for 172 cup
will have more work done when i can afford..... can smt6 easily be removed for things like insurance and warranty work or am i bein silly?

Megane Trophy
spike said:
will have more work done when i can afford..... can smt6 easily be removed for things like insurance and warranty work or am i bein silly?

It can be, not easy job i really wouldnt bother though most renault mechanics wouldnt even notice it

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
spoke to bb about this, you'll be fine with an r sport or chip wizzards group n reflash, so with a clio sport discount the ecu is about £280

pretty cheapish i think

Megane Trophy
gt_gaz said:
spoke to bb about this, you'll be fine with an r sport or chip wizzards group n reflash, so with a clio sport discount the ecu is about £280

pretty cheapish i think

Thats the name of it Chip Wizzards i was trying to think of that in last post!

Piggyback ecu like a unichip etc

Probably what i would go for if i was going for mild mods on my 172 :star:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well i've just got a bb group n ecu (pretty sure its a chip wizzards reflash) and for the money with breathing mods + exhaust it pulls like a train, better throttle response, raised rev limiter (although i'll never hit it) just waiting for a modded inlet to arrive now from ben

like you said i'm only doing mild engine mods as i still want it to 'turn the key and go' with no worries

worth while imo

Dont worry, i can see what nick is doing.

In some cases it can work and bumping the fuel pressure can work at the top end alone because the ECU will regulate all closed loop areas. If only a small amount of fuel is needed, then it can quite easily work.

Lam7r said:
Hmmm maybe i got the wrong end of the stick from nick but thats what he said, he had been replacing the fuel regulator thingy and getting good gains from it as opposed to a remap or going for the group N spec ecu

Didnt have time to go into detail really as i was in a rush at work so only got the basics

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
thing is, with mild mods the fueling on the 172 can actually too rich from std at the top end.... always needs more in the peak torque areas... but sometimes taking fuel away is needed.

closed loop on the 172 is circa less than 3500-4000 rpm and less than 70% throttle.

GTi
I believe this is what you found with my car wasn't it Andy??? You actually made it run leaner near the top end?? (as you can tell, I know exactly what I am talking about..lol)

Chris

R

rich[182]

Lam7r said:

Nah, youve not got the wrong end of the stick, Nick told me the same recently. Was about £90 fitted uprated fuel pressure regulator or about £375 for remap inc rolling road setup, i liked the offer to save me £285 but personally i dont like the idea of just doing this, id prefer a remap anyday of the week

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Inlets are a very worthwhile mod. Ben's are silky smooth and moist, I've got a set for the bedroom too! ;)

BMW M3
Is the SMT just the same as a unichip... both piggybacks?

Might be coming back down to you Andy if Dastek keep messing me around. Starting to wish i just got it done when i was down there.

I'll get some sleep this time though lol

GTi
Yep, mine made 192 bhp with Inlet and SMT..only other mods I have is ITG Panel filter and Prospeed exhaust with Decat...

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
reasonably straight forward, but it takes us about an 1.5 hrs to remove and refit.

some fiddly bits... can go wrong if you dont know which bits to tackle.

Andy

looking for 172 cup
i had the work done saturday :) inlets and smt6
car pulls much better now, thanks to andy and all at GDI
but it only made 182bhp

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
spike said:
i had the work done saturday :) inlets and smt6
car pulls much better now, thanks to andy and all at GDI
but it only made 182bhp

intake temps were high with the open K&N

since fitting the panel filter its got better i understand.

looking for 172 cup
yes mate car is running nice , panel filter is loads better
car pulls really nice now...

thanks again for your hard work and hopefully c u soon for my cams