ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner track rods?

Clio 172 phase 2
I was wondering what the actual length of my ff182 inner track rod length should be? I went to fit steering rack boots and both track rod ends were only held on with 3 threads one side and 4 the other which I'am not happy with. Feels like they are pretty new arms with how tight they feel and look. Think someone has put on shorter arms than should be. Any advise welcome.

172 Cup
The ones for the trw rack are shorter iirc. Thats shocking that they were not correctly fitted to the rack. Go on eurocarparts and check the lengths.

immaculate clio 172
Im wanting to know which length I need for my 182 full fat also
Also keep reading that a few different brand racks were fitted to our cars so depents which one you have fitted!

Although im not sure how you tell!

immaculate clio 172
Thread hijack!
Right then checked my rack this evening and says smi on there

Would I be right thinking I need the longer tie rods?

Anyone recomend any brands of tie rods or am I best sticking to genuine Renault inner tie rods and outer track rod ends etc?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
renault,i had lemforder ones from ecp.They had worn after 3 months had too send them back and i got renault ones,the renault track rod ends were much heavier aswell.

immaculate clio 172
renault,i had lemforder ones from ecp.They had worn after 3 months had too send them back and i got renault ones,the renault track rod ends were much heavier aswell.

Thanks for reply/info

I made a 32mm crows foot tool in work today
Just hope it's suitable for the job, made it as small as possible and only around 5mm thick so fingers crossed!

immaculate clio 172
That sounds bloody well dangerous
Some dodgy folk about!

I popped the outer track rods off my hubs earlier today to check for play in the outer rods and inner tie bars but all seemed fine so im reluctant to bother changing them now!

Also tried my home made crows foot on there which fits perfect but think it needs running through the heat treatment line in work as feels like it might bend with big pressure/torque!