ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

install ideas and problems

Im in the process of makin the install im pretty pleased with it atm just i wanna use fibre glass for the rest of it For the subs.

ive got 2 10" Subs. Sub will be Screwed onto a piece of MDF about half inch thick then fibre glass for the back part of the box just need to know how thick or how many layers thick i need to make it and is it important? as long as it just makes a sealed unit is that all that matters?

i will take a picture of what ive got so far tomorrow when i finsih off the floor part. and the basic box that ive got so far.

if you could answer the Questions above and also how much the fibre glass is to buy.

Personally, Id use about 3 layers of 2oz (cant remember the real name of it, just what I know it by) matting, and if your subs are gonna be strong, Id put in some 3mm ply after the second layer to give it more strength, plus itll give something to screw into if you ever need to add anything else to your install

only reason im using it is to make it ligher and so i can make it Take the shape of the area where the rear struts are other wise its going to be to hard to create one out of wood and its goin to be just as heavy.

If it doesnt need to be strong, just get 1 1/2 oz glass and do something like a couple of layers, or if you want it really flexible, just one layer of 2oz will do. Will still be strong but have the flexibility in it

doesnt it make any difference how thick it is to how the sub will sound cuz im using the fibre glass to make the Sealed inclosure its just the front of the box (which will be made outa fibre glass ) that will be made outa wood so it can hold the sub.