ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing 2nd Amp need advice please

330Ci Sport Convertible
Ok the wifes car came with a 600w amp running 6x9's in a acoustic parcel shelf. These sound ok if a little harsh, i have a Kicker 300.2 and a 12 inch Kenwood Sub currently sat in a tuned box.

Plan is to install the kicker and build a custom box into the boot/spare wheel space.

There is a set of RCA leads coming from the 600w amp already and these are sat next to [not connected to] a 12 disc CD changer. Can i use these for the Kicker?

Will i need to run more power cables etc for the 2nd amp or is it possible to run power off of the current amp?

Thanks for any replies.

With regards to the RCA's - It all depends on your current amp, in what is setup and what it is capable of.

Power cable - depends on the size of the current cable if it is anything less then 4 gauge size then a new cable would be best.

330Ci Sport Convertible
The current amp has RCA out which i assume is where the leads are from.

The power cable is approx 1/2" thick so whatever guage that is im not sure.

I will try to grab some pictures when i get a chance.

Thanks

Focus RS Mk1
power you can get a distributor for, earth is just a second earth point. or the same as the other one.

remote you can take from the first amp.

rca's you can get splitter than divide them to allow to set of leads :) sorted ;)