ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing Standard Renault CD Changer

BMW M135i

Hi all, managed to get hold of the standard renault vdo cd changer of ebay for my clio. Im wanting to install it under the passenger seat as it comes factory fitted, its come with the bracket installed and the complete cable. The only question ive got is how ???
Looking at it, it looks to be a seat out job but im not 100% sure if theres another way to do it, just wondering if anyone knows how this thing is installed ?

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive installed 3. If you look the carpet will probably already be cut so you can just pull out the cutouts. With the changer already in the bracket you just slide it under the seat, lifting the back of the unit up and pushing the front down into the slots. Then screw the rear down.

Just run the cable out to the side, along the sill, then up along the underside of the dash and into the centre console to the head unit. Its a 10 minute job mate.

BMW M135i

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5790245425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IThttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5790245425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Just looking at the picture can you tell if thats the correct bracket for a clio ?
Not sure if it came out of a clio/megane/laguna, no big deal if its the wrong one if I cant get hold of the correct one then the velco will be coming out.

PS: Dont suppose I could be cheaky and ask if anyones got any pictures of the changer in place just so I can see and have some reference.

Quote: Originally posted by bmh.01 on 20 July 2005

Just looking at the picture can you tell if thats the correct bracket for a clio ?
Not sure if it came out of a clio/megane/laguna, no big deal if its the wrong one if I cant get hold of the correct one then the velco will be coming out.

PS: Dont suppose I could be cheaky and ask if anyones got any pictures of the changer in place just so I can see and have some reference.
Its dead easy to fit just unscrew the tray under the seat and then remove it (ok its annoting to remove just fiddle about and youll work it out).

Thats not the right bracket the one you want is £10~15 from Renault the proper bracket is a tripod like arrangment.

You might want to stick the cd changer under the drivers seat though I wish I had.

Thats unit will fit though.