ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance again!

im tryin to get insured on a 2003 clio 172 that my mates selling me. i went to sainsburys insurance typed in all the details and it came up as 1100 to insure an 19 year old on a 2ltr. i thought they were mad. then i checked it all through again and spotted a mistake. were i typed in the reg of the car they have the wrong details. and i made sure i had the right reg numba. it was cumin up as a clio 1149cc 5dr 1999. i went to another site checked the reg and it cums up as a 2ltr clio. strange. any way geting to the point should i take out this insurance and then point out there mistake or will they charge me more wen they find out?

cheers mat

That problem with online insurance quotes is quite common. My 172 also comes up as a 97-99 1.2 clio. I talked to one guy who works for an insurance company and he said problems like that are caused when a garage pencils a reg for one car then assigns it to a different car, sounded very dodgy to me.

By the way, its your responsibility to ensure the insurance company has the correct details. If they have the wrong details, even down to an unknown mistake on your part, theyll void the policy.

if i took the insurance out on the net and then noticed the mistake afterwards would they b able to force me to pay more or wud they just cancel the insurance

Renault Laguna Coupe

depends on the circumstances. If you make a claim and they find out you can bet theyll void the policy. Either way youll get shafted though.