ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance charge on tinted windows

hi can anyone help me, i just got my windows tinted on my 182, the legel requirements, do i have to inform the insurance company and let them know if its a extra or a modification, do i have to pay extra for it look forward to your answers:)

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Looking into getting mine done aswell so good question mate;)

Anyone know what Admiral are like regards this?

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

if its less than 30%then no probs mate (i work for admiral) but i will cost u a little bit and def tell them cos if you try and claim they mught void policy.

i am with tesco, just asked them, no charge as i have a few mods on my 182 already, but they did say, it had to be the legel requirements for the front, about 30% which it is, and got limosine at back and back window, looks pretty cool, but make sure you tell them, thats what they said as soon as you get it done, like matey boy said, it will make it void, if its illegal.

good luck:)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Im with tesco too, declared mine when i changed policy, no charge for me, but best to declare it !!

new law says no tint on the front??

Has

There isnt a new law saying that there is to be no tint at the front mate.

As long as the overall tint including the factory tint allows 70% of light through there is no problem.

Cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

gd gd, mine shud be fine then :)

just that loads off ppl on here were posting about it

No. The law still stands as it was.

Just got to bear in mind that standard cars often come with a tint of maybe 10% or possibly more so if thats the case you only have 20% or less to play with.

I have known people with BMW X5s and the like to have windows so dark out of the factory that they have been deemed illegal therefore receiving a PG9 notice for that.

Cheers

hi can anyone find the up to date law about the window tint and post on the forum, for me to have a look at, much appreciated if anyone can help;)