ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Claim Advice Pls

Ok so i have the williams back and the repair is so bad i could have done better with double sided sticky tape and crayola pencils as i have told the body shop that repaired it, but what i need to know is can i do anything about my current situation.

I have had an independent engineer out who has sent a report saying that it needs to be re done and xtra to re blend their c*ck up out, I have now supplied two quotes to sort it out costing more than the original repairs by the way but the original bodyshop are contesting that the work needs to be done and i have refused to go back to them as they have messed me about so much.

Is there anything i can do to move this along a bit as the original accident happened on the 11th july and im getting a it pi**ed off with the whole thing.

Oh and by the way the accident was not my fault as my car was parked at the time.

Any advice would be helpful please getting me down now, fed up of talking to managers and getting nowhere !!!!!!:(

What originally was a replacement bumper and wing has now developed into a re spray and re fix of the bumper and wing bonnet blend and blend drivers door and re quater panel arghhhhh.

;)You have my deepest sympathy as I am currently dealing with a very similar situation. Crap repair and a recommended bodyshop that doesnt want to know. As for hurrying them along a bit , well everyone knows how fast insurance companys take money from you but this is where you find out if it is just cheap or value for money. I reported my repair to the company fully expecting for it to be logged as a complaint ,3 weeks later I get a letter saying because we couldnt get in touch with you we now consider the matter closed. When I ring up to ask whats going on they tell me that its ok the garage has fixed my radio and theres no problem!!!My car had a new bonnet , bumper and grille all badly attatched and badly painted , so where they got the story from about the radio God only knows.

Any way my advice would be to get in touch with the complants dept. direct , hassle them for a direct line if you can (they hate this but often give in) and if you get no joy tell them they are obligated to provide a saleable and satisfactory repair to your vehicle and if they do not take them to the ombudsman who they should be regulated by.

Best of luck.Well more luck than ive had anyway.

Thanks for that ill be contacting the ombudsman and firnd out about a complaints department tomorrow then, i call the direct line everyday at the moment, so ill let them know what im gonna do then let them dig themselves out

I had the exact same problem when i had a repair done to my old honda CRX, the bodyshop (one of the best in town im told) fitted the whole rear wing at a p*ssed up angle and made it blatently obvious it had been repaired, when i looked closer i found that they had bodged the rear light clusters into place by hacking at the chassis and drilling out all the mounting holes!! :mad:

I contacted the insurance company (CIS) and ombudsman who took f*cking ages to send out a engineer to assess the sh*tty repairs - they aggreed some things needed doing, however the mention of wrong panel gaps etc came with a blunt response of "TOLERANCES" (my arse, it was a honda!) :cry:

After my car was taken back 3 times to get "fixed" i eventually gave up and sold the car on...

P.S Cheers to my neighbour 4 leaving his handbrake off... the old git! :mad:

Im about to trust my car to a body shop, however I pulled up yesterday and found out they are Aston Martin approved and they had 3 DB7s in so that made me feel a little better about them!!! Good luck though