ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Claim Question

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
After i wrote my car off on saturday, my mate broke his collar bone, and iv been hearing rumors that his dad wants to take me to court or w.e to claim for his injury...

At the time of the accient my mate wasnt wearing a seat belt (i didnt know this at the time) and im wondering if this will make a difference to the outcome...

Id like to keep my no claims tbh :rolleyes:

Any help would be appriciated

Mark

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I'm sure once you are over a certain age, it's the passengers responsiblity to belt up. I'm sure there will be a way they can get money out of you right enough. Nice mate wanting to sue though.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
its not him that wants to its his dad all the others aint bothering to claim.

BMW E92/Audi S3
No what I'm saying is, the only problem you'd have is that you crashed? The fact that he was or wasn't wearing a seatbelt wouldn't make a difference.
A bit fucked up though.. His dad would get a pounding if that was my mate.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
fair enought so im gonna lose my no claims -.- what a c**k.

his dad is huge and i dont mean in muscle form he like 40st >.<

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Hence the reason he'll want a claim, fat f*cker probably lives off claiming from other people.

Insurance claim=pies.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Was driving down my local bypass 60-65 came to a long right hand bend, the back end of the car was all over the road on corners on the way through as i had a car full of mates and boxes of stuff for my sister, it was wet an ther was a few leaves on the road and stupidly i let off and braked which caused the brakes to lock up, and the car to slide,as it slid down the road the rear end kicked out so i tried to correct it, but it had already gone to far to do anything about it, car slid into banking and went up a few young trees, lifted off went 30-40ft down the road landed on the passenger side and rolled 4-5 times before it came to a stop...

so it was partially my fault for braking but the road conditions didnt help either... ad i had cheap shitty tyres on :eek: Nankang Ftl

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Pretty sure that because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Tell him that and tell him to tell his dad. He has no way of proving that it wasn't sole-ly because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt that he sustained the injuries.

As he is over a certain age it is 0% your responsibility and 100% his that he puts a seatbelt on. Simples

vaux cavalier
From your explanation of events & your description of why your cars handling was off, I too would be claiming from you....

You come across as a person who is unwilling to accept your choices actually caused & contributed to this accident....

If I were an attending Traffic Cop I would be reporting you for a few offences....

The fact your friend had no seatbelt on is irrelevant, the fact you lost control & crashed is solely down to you....

With regards the comments about the fathers size, you should all grow up....

I actually have children, as such I can safely say that if a similar scenario occurred, (novice driver, driving an unsafe over loaded car, too fast for his level of skill & prevailing road conditions), I would be looking at having your licence revoked....

Man up, take responsibility for your actions....

a black one
From your explanation of events & your description of why your cars handling was off, I too would be claiming from you....

You come across as a person who is unwilling to accept your choices actually caused & contributed to this accident....

If I were an attending Traffic Cop I would be reporting you for a few offences....

The fact your friend had no seatbelt on is irrelevant, the fact you lost control & crashed is solely down to you....

With regards the comments about the fathers size, you should all grow up....

I actually have children, as such I can safely say that if a similar scenario occurred, (novice driver, driving an unsafe over loaded car, too fast for his level of skill & prevailing road conditions), I would be looking at having your licence revoked....

Man up, take responsibility for your actions....

Valid comments and I actually agree with you, but lighten up..