ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance differences, correlation ?

Titanium 182
Been investigating insurance prices recently due to hoping for an RS at Xmas.

As follows.

Polo GTI (2000 model) £1162 fully comp £0 excess

Fiesta ST (Hate them) £1800 fully comp £300 excess

172 RS £2970 fully comp £350 excess
:S

why such a massive jump ? are there a lot of claims made against RS's or something.

I'm 19 with 2yncb at the end of november.

Stranggeee, i can't decide which car to go for now. :dapprove: I swear i have had cheaper quotes on RS's than that a couple of months ago >_<

Thoughts ?

Renault Clio 172
Been investigating insurance prices recently due to hoping for an RS at Xmas.

As follows.

Polo GTI (2000 model) £1162 fully comp £0 excess

Fiesta ST (Hate them) £1800 fully comp £300 excess

172 RS £2970 fully comp £350 excess
:S

why such a massive jump ? are there a lot of claims made against RS's or something.

I'm 19 with 2yncb at the end of november.

Stranggeee, i can't decide which car to go for now. :dapprove: I swear i have had cheaper quotes on RS's than that a couple of months ago >_<

Thoughts ?

That is a bit of a jump, but you've got to think if its worth it!

I had a 1.4 16v Corsa SRi paying £650 a yr full comp with 1 yrs ncb. I then purchased a 172, and my insurance is now £2000 with 2 yrs ncb!

But I swear, its worth the extra £1450 a yr!! ;)

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Wait till you're 21 tbh. Mine was £1600 at 20 and now it's only £670 on a 10month bonus accelerator. Thats with only 1 years no claims and 3points

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Clios generally do cost more than their rivals to insure.

The 172s are rediculous to insure tbh. Wasn't worth it imo, I remember doing quotes and a 300ZX was actually cheaper to insure.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
i bought my 182 at 20 waited till i had 3 years NCB, buy having 3 years instead of 2 i saved 400quid, then add older female drivers to your policy. i have my mum and gran on mine. saved me 300Quid.

Titanium 182
My mum has 3 speeding tickets and 2 accidents one fault one not fault :(

and my gran doesnt drive lol.

mps aero
i worked in insurace and can tell u that for churchhill direct line tesco and many other insurers that are rbs run are rated 1-100 not the standars groups. and a clio 2.0 was a 74 out v 100. my insurance as a 21yr old 3 yrs ncb and held licence for 3 yrs was £650