ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance differences, correlation ?

Titanium 182
Been investigating insurance prices recently due to hoping for an RS at Xmas.

As follows.

Polo GTI (2000 model) £1162 fully comp £0 excess

Fiesta ST (Hate them) £1800 fully comp £300 excess

172 RS £2970 fully comp £350 excess
:S

why such a massive jump ? are there a lot of claims made against RS's or something.

I'm 19 with 2yncb at the end of november.

Stranggeee, i can't decide which car to go for now. :dapprove: I swear i have had cheaper quotes on RS's than that a couple of months ago >_<

Thoughts ?

Renault Clio 172
Been investigating insurance prices recently due to hoping for an RS at Xmas.

As follows.

Polo GTI (2000 model) £1162 fully comp £0 excess

Fiesta ST (Hate them) £1800 fully comp £300 excess

172 RS £2970 fully comp £350 excess
:S

why such a massive jump ? are there a lot of claims made against RS's or something.

I'm 19 with 2yncb at the end of november.

Stranggeee, i can't decide which car to go for now. :dapprove: I swear i have had cheaper quotes on RS's than that a couple of months ago >_<

Thoughts ?

That is a bit of a jump, but you've got to think if its worth it!

I had a 1.4 16v Corsa SRi paying £650 a yr full comp with 1 yrs ncb. I then purchased a 172, and my insurance is now £2000 with 2 yrs ncb!

But I swear, its worth the extra £1450 a yr!! ;)

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Wait till you're 21 tbh. Mine was £1600 at 20 and now it's only £670 on a 10month bonus accelerator. Thats with only 1 years no claims and 3points

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Clios generally do cost more than their rivals to insure.

The 172s are rediculous to insure tbh. Wasn't worth it imo, I remember doing quotes and a 300ZX was actually cheaper to insure.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
i bought my 182 at 20 waited till i had 3 years NCB, buy having 3 years instead of 2 i saved 400quid, then add older female drivers to your policy. i have my mum and gran on mine. saved me 300Quid.

Titanium 182
My mum has 3 speeding tickets and 2 accidents one fault one not fault :(

and my gran doesnt drive lol.

mps aero
i worked in insurace and can tell u that for churchhill direct line tesco and many other insurers that are rbs run are rated 1-100 not the standars groups. and a clio 2.0 was a 74 out v 100. my insurance as a 21yr old 3 yrs ncb and held licence for 3 yrs was £650