ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance following theft :(

:cry:

Although I won't ever buy another impreza following the theft of mine last night, in order to gauge the change in my insurance costs I just ran a quite through for an identical replacement.

I paid £670 to insure the scoob this year.

to insure the same car again would now cost me over £2000!!! Cost has literally tripled :(

tried a quote for a 182, £1500

actually feel like crying.

172 cup
That's ridiculous. It may be worth talking to some of the insurance company's on here they may be able to help you out.

That's ridiculous. It may be worth talking to some of the insurance company's on here they may be able to help you out.

Inaurance companies on here have always been a bit of joke when it comes to quotes for me always being a lot more than others so don't stand much hope of a sensible price tbqh.

Ffs a 1.3 fiesta is going to cost me more than I was paying on the scooby, bloody £800 for a car worth £500! I paid less for insurance on the same car 10 years ago when I first passed my test.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Just saw your location, thats why :( Im in the same boat!!

My Type R was over a grand with mods declared. At my nans, the same quote was £450 lol

Lotus Elise
Jesus Christ! That unreal, I understand why they perceive you/your address as a great risk but that's a huge jump

Just saw your location, thats why :( Im in the same boat!!

My Type R was over a grand with mods declared. At my nans, the same quote was £450 lol

Insurance by me is reasonable, hence £670 on scooby this year, a type r/1*2 would have been around £500. It's the claims that have done it.

Ford Mustang 5.0
:cry:

Although I won't ever buy another impreza following the theft of mine last night, in order to gauge the change in my insurance costs I just ran a quite through for an identical replacement.

I paid £670 to insure the scoob this year.

to insure the same car again would now cost me over £2000!!! Cost has literally tripled :(

tried a quote for a 182, £1500

actually feel like crying.

Who is the car insured with at the moment mate?

Subaru models are notorious for Theft so i can understand why the price for the same car again has gone up massively as its so soon after the first theft.

I can take a look for you mate at a quote for the 182 if you wanted mate?

A couple of things that our underwriter will look at is:

1. Was the theft from your home address.
2. Have you fitted any additional security at home (ie house alarm or driveway post)

Drop me a PM with your contact details if you wanted me take a look at a quote for.

Cheers
neil

Current insurer is Privilege. All cars with all insurers have been affected, though I have found some interesting options that confusedthemeerkat sites are giving good prices on, will of cause try you before committing though, I always try the brokers on here and other clubs.