ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance gets stranger?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So I'm running a few quotes for insurance and it still doesn't add up!

At 25 with no NCB the Focus RS is only £140 more expensive than if I have 7NCB.
And a 1.8T A4 estate worth £3k is more to insure than a £20k focus RS. All other details are the same.

SQ5
I can insure an RS5 at a similar price to a 172! It's all a massive add up of hundreds of variations.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It's to do with it being a new ish car.

Parts are easy to get, not a lot crashed etc, that's what I was told anyway. I can insure a £40k GTR for £200 more than my dc5!

But from the same accident scenario they write off and give me £3k for an Audi, or have £11k's worth of damage to pay for with the Focus. Plus the Focus is much more likely to be stolen! Just doesn't add up. Unless A4 estates are being crashed left right and centre I suppose.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yep I had a thread about how stupid NCB is... I didn't protect mine and lost it. Insurance increased £28 which is less than it cost to protect them.

A4 Avant
I had the same, went from a Mini Cooper s to an A4 avant. Car cost 1/4 of the price yet insurance went up £200.