ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help!!

One with a few more
Right, am in an annoying situation. My current insurers gave me a renewal quote of £571 with 1 years ncb.
They will not cover me next time because of my 'modifications'. I have the following changes to my car:
RS bumper
RS side skirts
Cup spoiler
RS steering wheel
172 mk1 RS seats

None of it is performance related, but I've also called a few brokers who say none of their companies will insure me either - but I dont want to pay silly prices.
HELP! (its a 1.2l mk2ph2, btw)

Golf GTI 1.8T
who is that with? £571 is bloody cheap at your age. I didnt think they had to know about the seats or steering wheel, only exterior mods.

One with a few more
they seemed ok with the seats - but not the exterior mods. I always knew it'd be a problem for renewal with them because - surprise surprise, its chruchill

Mondeo STTDCI
clairesclio said:
they seemed ok with the seats - but not the exterior mods. I always knew it'd be a problem for renewal with them because - surprise surprise, its chruchill

1. You modified your vehicle without telling them - you're lucky you didnt have any crashes.
2. You should tell them of ALL mods - however minor.

One with a few more
i only recently done anything actually, oddly enough I was sensible to wait until renewal time....

At what point did I say I didnt declare all the mods?
damn - you're so helpful

Golf GTI 1.8T
I can't afford to declare but then again I can't afford to have an accident either. Insurance is a joke!!