ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance issues with alarm/immob.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Ive got an aftermarket toad alarm and cobra immobilisor on my mk1 clio. only prob is immob. was on it before i got it and alarm was fitted by my dad.

problem is now its renewal time and its bringing down my quote alot when i specify what they are but i dont know what model either of them are.

tryed searching for an official toad website but no joy and similar with cobra.

stuck for ideas on what to do :( short of ripping my dash to pieces, which really will be a pain.

anyone got any ideas about what i could do?

tiTTy & SV650
my 205 gti had a meta system fitted aftermarket, i found the manual and it told me.

sounds obvious lol but u got a receipt, place of purchase, idea of how much it cost? etc etc

is the keyfob, immobiliser key different looking? something might give it away

na not got reciept box or anything like that, dads not sure either.

the alarm fob is black with two buttons one green (lock/unlock) and black (silence beeping). it is driving two retrofitted door solenoids. it beeps on lock/unlock. theres control box, seperate siren and seperate led for status. it beeps twice on unlock, once on lock, 3times if doors not shut when arming, 4times if unlocking and alarm has went off.

cant think of anyother way to describe it lol.

omg, spend weeks trying to find out, then the minute i post on here i bloody find them!!! :D