ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

insurance on a 172!! grrrr....

cant believe how much it is, theyre not supercars for goodness sake! Im turning 20, one years no claims and pass plus and the companies are putting out quotes like £4,500!! :confused:

Not a one off either... ive shopped round. Theyre so rude too! :mad:

thats with all the usual garaged 8k miles/year etc.. *sighs*

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

na you must be having a laugh!!
call this number mate 01277 263030 greenlight insurance, if not call renault. One of them will beat that without adoubt

Suzuki SV1000S

Have you tried Elephant - I was paying £580 on a New Cup when I was 23 with 3 years no claims. Now I pay £950 on a mk1 172 (non standard) but with only one years no claims

stick to this one eh dave. I tried with elephant... £5k :confused:

i have no points or crashes or anything, renault wouldnt insure me, they told me you need a minimum 2 year NCB.

one guy, Tems city is it? said to me, youre wasting your phone bill, wait until youre 21... so i said, do you know any other companies i can try and he shouts down the phone "21 OK?!!!" and hung up!!!

:(

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

keep tryin maqte. its a pain i know but i had the same problem with my first car. try calling a few numbers from the back of max power.
I ended up goin with a company called Insurance factory based in Manchester i think. Try doing a search cos they beat all my quote by about £400 in the end!!
They had a way of lowering the price with a female provisional driver under 18?? dunno how but it worked

Thanks a lot guys, almost given up on the car now though! :(

cars only worth 6... no point in paying half that in insurance really.. i mean, i was expecting around 2ish, not 4! lol

Quote: Originally posted by Hector on 25 July 2005

one guy, Tems city is it? said to me, youre wasting your phone bill, wait until youre 21... so i said, do you know any other companies i can try and he shouts down the phone "21 OK?!!!" and hung up!!!

:(

I had all that last year about the Vee.............in the end I got my dad to phone round............then via Telford_Mike I got the best quote through confused.com

Cya Stu