ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance on a 172!! grrrr....

cant believe how much it is, theyre not supercars for goodness sake! Im turning 20, one years no claims and pass plus and the companies are putting out quotes like £4,500!! :confused:

Not a one off either... ive shopped round. Theyre so rude too! :mad:

thats with all the usual garaged 8k miles/year etc.. *sighs*

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

na you must be having a laugh!!
call this number mate 01277 263030 greenlight insurance, if not call renault. One of them will beat that without adoubt

Suzuki SV1000S

Have you tried Elephant - I was paying £580 on a New Cup when I was 23 with 3 years no claims. Now I pay £950 on a mk1 172 (non standard) but with only one years no claims

stick to this one eh dave. I tried with elephant... £5k :confused:

i have no points or crashes or anything, renault wouldnt insure me, they told me you need a minimum 2 year NCB.

one guy, Tems city is it? said to me, youre wasting your phone bill, wait until youre 21... so i said, do you know any other companies i can try and he shouts down the phone "21 OK?!!!" and hung up!!!

:(

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

keep tryin maqte. its a pain i know but i had the same problem with my first car. try calling a few numbers from the back of max power.
I ended up goin with a company called Insurance factory based in Manchester i think. Try doing a search cos they beat all my quote by about £400 in the end!!
They had a way of lowering the price with a female provisional driver under 18?? dunno how but it worked

Thanks a lot guys, almost given up on the car now though! :(

cars only worth 6... no point in paying half that in insurance really.. i mean, i was expecting around 2ish, not 4! lol

Quote: Originally posted by Hector on 25 July 2005

one guy, Tems city is it? said to me, youre wasting your phone bill, wait until youre 21... so i said, do you know any other companies i can try and he shouts down the phone "21 OK?!!!" and hung up!!!

:(

I had all that last year about the Vee.............in the end I got my dad to phone round............then via Telford_Mike I got the best quote through confused.com

Cya Stu