ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Q’s

Well as my insurance has now ran out on the old williams im at a bit of a dilema...

Basically as most know im banned till late next year and the clios up for sale pretty much, however as im now unable to drive can i still get insured on a car or not?? :confused:

Anyone whos been banned wanna shed some light possilbly plz?

Many thanks, Bri.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

As far as I know, you are unabled to insure a car when you are banned, as you have no liscene, therefore, not able to drive.

I dont know how no-claims are affected, but I guess after seeing your car in pics, you wont have any (no offence).

Exactly and i was also hoping there could be a loop hole so i could score some NCB...

And no offence taken mate but due to the wonders of tesco insurance i actually have 1yrs NCB... 30% discount! woohoo :D

erm if u speak to your insurance company, u might b able tpo get a laid up policy, that covers it for fire and theft only, if not , shop around, i think mtesco used to, or do this type of policy in special circumstances like yours m8!!

320d M Sport

depends wat u were banned for mate.

technically youre license has been revoked yeah? And most insurers will say u need a current + valid license.

i think u may well be fooked....

true most of the time, if he only wants insurance for the vehicle to b stored in a garage, he should b able to get a laid up policy like i said, but yes he could struggle i agree!!

Mondeo STTDCI

Should be able to get a policy from somewhere as if he hadnt been selling the car, surely it would need to be insured just to be parked on a public street?

Doubt youll be able to get any NCB BUT after the policy is finished theres no reason why you cannot write to them and ask them to send you proof that you didnt claim during the period you were with them. Depending on the way they word their letter back to you you may be able to fool them into giving u an extra NCB.

Plus I wouldnt have thought the policy you do get will be very costly - a zero mileage policy lol!

You premium will be sky high as you will have convictions on your licence, but you should be able to get insurance either way - although rpobably get strung over a barrel.

I suppose it depends on why you got banned.... 4 x speeding tickets if different to Drunk Driving etc.

EYou could always get someone else to insure it and you pay the policy?

320d M Sport

hardly anyone does "laid up cover" now though, if they do its for really old vehicles mainly.

thats ADFT Cover, accidental damage, fire + theft.

As its a DD conviction its not cheap put it that way, i was quoted £1500 fully comp with my 1yrs NCB but as im banned its more than likely i aint getting insured!

Ah well, as its hidden in the garage behind one big shutter door, two parked cars and the battery is disconnected i doubt its going very far... ;)