ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Question

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i have always managed to sneakily get my insurance through my company for a flat £700 per year... it looks like its going to stop.

I have tried elephant and bell and adrian flux for quotes and they have all been over £1,500...

I am 21, have been driving for nearly 4 years... no accidents, 1 speeding fine (3 points) :mad: and i have a 172 mk2, only mod is a cat back stainless steel exhaust system.

Is this just what im gonna have to pay or does anyone know any other places i could try?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
In the articles section there is loadsa info and companies to ring, have a gander

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Its like warranty. Anything that's not standard isn't covered. Unless they have agreed in writing to cover it. Anything that's not standard that they consider might have contributed voids the warranty/insurance. Unless they've agreed to cover you anyway.

So in terms of insurance if you put big expensive wheels onto a car, then its stolen, they can say you increased the risk of theft and didn't disclose that increased risk of theft, so you're not insured. But if someone runs into the back of you they can't refuse to pay up on that just because you've put big expensive wheels on because they couldn't have contributed to that.

If you do tell them you've put big expensive wheels on they may choose to cover the rest of the car, cover the wheels as well with a premium increase, or refuse to cover you. Them refusing cover is the nasty one, because then you have to disclose that you've been refused cover whever you try to get insurance in the future. The rule is you have an obligation to tell them anything that might affect the risk. If you haven't, its then their option to pay up or not.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
do you have to be a member to access the articles? i just tried and it says i wasn't authorised so i am assuming so