ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Quotes...LOL

Family Bus
Coming up to Insurance renewal time, so thought I'd have a little scout about and see what I'll be looking at...

Just cant believe the range of quotes that came back from a comparison site...

Best was approx £550 for the year, from Privilege fully comp

Marks and Spencers quoted.....£1773.91... WTF is that all about???

Just makes me wonder how one company can quote a pretty low price and other be so much more!! Bonkers! :quiet:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Don't moan! You get cheaper insurance just cos you have a vagina. Now that's bonkers!

£550 seems a lot tho, I mean, you're preety old now aint you :rasp: Thought 25 was the big magic number for insurance?

visualize whirled pe
Being as Marks and Spencer charge an arm and a leg for something simple like a bag of carrots are you that suprised.

M2 Competition
Its a balance between insuring drivers for lots of money with more chance of claims, and insuring drivers for less money with less claims.

Is why insurance companies alter their prices to target different types of drivers.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Im paying £800 for me + the gf on my 182 with direct line. im 22 with 2 yrs ncb, shes 21. Was £740 for just me without the legal protection (again with direct line).

Greenlight were the cheapest last year, however this year they just couldnt come close.

172 - m3 evo
im 22, fault claim 2 months ago (total loss of a clio 172 - no other car involved)

im paying fully comp £480 for my z3 with churchill

and im paying £449 comp on my other clio 172 with tesco (who i just claimed off)

markerstudy for my vts ph2 is £280 tpft

im 17 and paying 1760 with my dad (using his 4years NCB) as a named driver with Quinn, other companys like direct line said they wont touch me till i was 25 because i put an exhaust on the car wtf is that about? even if you do the smallest mods at my age and you list them they f**k you over royally on insurance, decided to list all the mods, and im think if i put my mum on the insurance think that might bring it down a bit more?

182-racing-blue

im 17 and paying 1760 with my dad (using his 4years NCB) as a named driver with Quinn, other companys like direct line said they wont touch me till i was 25 because i put an exhaust on the car wtf is that about? even if you do the smallest mods at my age and you list them they f**k you over royally on insurance, decided to list all the mods, and im think if i put my mum on the insurance think that might bring it down a bit more?

Lexarse lights and neon washer jets fdont add to your premium do they?

When I was 17 I had a R5T and I paid around 700 fully comp, what is the world coming to?

Granted it was 14 years ago and lots of kids are crashing on a daily basis and giving companies the arse but 1760 for a 1.2? Dear lord!!!

RB 200 Cup!
everytime i get a quote they the range between the lowest adn the highest is usually 3 or 4 grand FFS

182-racing-blue

Its a balance between insuring drivers for lots of money with more chance of claims, and insuring drivers for less money with less claims.

Is why insurance companies alter their prices to target different types of drivers.

So you know if you are going to have an accident then?

Premiums are premiums, some companies are robbing b******s and some arent, you cant balance according to fate.

Lexarse lights and neon washer jets fdont add to your premium do they?

When I was 17 I had a R5T and I paid around 700 fully comp, what is the world coming to?

Granted it was 14 years ago and lots of kids are crashing on a daily basis and giving companies the arse but 1760 for a 1.2? Dear lord!!!

Fully body kit, 17inch wheels, window tints and powerflow exhaust :D

1760 was the cheapest i could find to, almost sold my car as most of my quotes where around 3K and Adrianflux wanted over 4K third party.

But atleast i have windscreen cover with quinn.... lol

Last edited:

182-racing-blue

yeah, windscreen cover is a total must have, almost worth the 1760 for that alone.

Far be it for me to preach, but....

Why dont the young folk of today; given the insurance prices and general running costs of a car, just stick with a diesel shitbox for a year or so, just to build up some no-claims d..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jesus I was boring myself then.

I can thnk of better thing to be spending over 150 quid a month on thats all. lol

330Ci (Fail)Sport
yeah, windscreen cover is a total must have, almost worth the 1760 for that alone.

Far be it for me to preach, but....

Why dont the young folk of today; given the insurance prices and general running costs of a car, just stick with a diesel s**tbox for a year or so, just to build up some no-claims d..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jesus I was boring myself then.

I can thnk of better thing to be spending over 150 quid a month on thats all. lol

Personal preference mate. I never modded my car, but I paid higher insurance than I should have cos of points and an accident. But a car is worth it, esp to young drivers as its such a new thing.

Same thing to say why spend £5000 on a excellent home cinema set up when you can buy a very good set up for around £1800 and spend the rest on a holiday etc? Its all up to what is more important to the individual.

182-racing-blue

Thanks for that, it was more of a ranting retorical question than me looking for a a generic "It's all up to peoples personal taste", thanks for replying though, makes me feel wanted that someone reads what I write. xxx

PH2 172
Coming up to Insurance renewal time, so thought I'd have a little scout about and see what I'll be looking at...

Just cant believe the range of quotes that came back from a comparison site...

Best was approx £550 for the year, from Privilege fully comp

Marks and Spencers quoted.....£1773.91... WTF is that all about???

Just makes me wonder how one company can quote a pretty low price and other be so much more!! Bonkers! :quiet:

thats the same withme i get qouted a cheap price fro 1 company and aloud of expensive qoutes from another it is stupid and cant see how they can do it

PH2 172
My girlfriends brother has just turned 22 had his clio 172 since he was 21 looked at his insurance today and hes paying £525 fully comp

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My girlfriends brother has just turned 22 had his clio 172 since he was 21 looked at his insurance today and hes paying £525 fully comp

When I was doing some quotes, I noticed the longer I had owned the car, the lower the quote was. Never thought about that before, but makes sense.

Thanks for that, it was more of a ranting retorical question than me looking for a a generic "It's all up to peoples personal taste", thanks for replying though, makes me feel wanted that someone reads what I write. xxx

Well couldn't have you thinking your post was a waste of time :rolleyes:

182-racing-blue

Quote from money supermarket.com

"Why do young drivers face higher car insurance premiums?
Unfortunately, young drivers pay the price for the reputation of their peers. Research shows that every day Britain's roads witness four fatalities or serious injuries as a result of accidents involving young people. It is estimated that the country's 18-year-olds alone cause 50 collisions a day - that's more than three times as many as drivers in their 50s.

Young males have been tarnished with the boy-racer image and they pay the highest premiums. An 18-year old male living in Manchester and driving an X-reg Peugeot 206 would pay £1,550 a year more for comprehensive cover than an 18-year old female, living at the same address, driving the same car.

Cars driven by young people are also more prone to theft and vandalism as crime rates are higher among their age group. University towns and cities generally report higher crime rates than other towns and rural areas. As a result students pay the price of having a car while at university, as do other young drivers who live in or around student areas.
Insurers calculate premiums on perceived risk - the higher the risk, the higher the premium - and the bad news for young drivers is that the odds are stacked against them. Insurers measure risks in different ways however, so it's important to shop around as premiums will vary."

A Flamin' Red one
It's worth mentioning to your insurance company come renewal time that your car is now one year older and thus further depreciated... A car that's worth less than a year ago is surely going to have a cheaper premium this time around.

In keeping with the thread though - I'm 23, zero NCB as this is my first policy, 2001 172 PH2, fully comp (obviously!) and paying £627.

http://www.bell.co.uk/ are your friends! That price is with the legal cover, so even less really. It's worth mentioning (rather oddly) that my quote got cheaper online when I said the car was on my drive way rather than my garage and I added my dear mother as an ADDITIONAL driver.

A Flamin' Red one
Slightly confusing there.

Good things do not come to those who wait to insure a micra. Good things come to those who wait to insure a 172. Ergo, drive the nuts off the 1.2 untill your 20 and have another think about your 172!

Christ, I was driving a MK1 1.2 8v fiat punto at 17! Be pleased with what you've got son.

Never above 25mpg
I like having the most quoted post in this thread :D

TBH the 1.4 I have is fantastic at what it does and atm dont need a faster car.

Will hopefully go fully comp next year with someone different as Quinn dont like reducing prices much :)

mps aero
haha im 21 so some places still want over a grand from me. . . fortunately i gt 25% off having worked for rbs n mine is £50 a month.

Family Bus
It's worth mentioning to your insurance company come renewal time that your car is now one year older and thus further depreciated... A car that's worth less than a year ago is surely going to have a cheaper premium this time around.

In keeping with the thread though - I'm 23, zero NCB as this is my first policy, 2001 172 PH2, fully comp (obviously!) and paying £627.

http://www.bell.co.uk/ are your friends! That price is with the legal cover, so even less really. It's worth mentioning (rather oddly) that my quote got cheaper online when I said the car was on my drive way rather than my garage and I added my dear mother as an ADDITIONAL driver.

Bell is most certianly not my friend!! £980!! WTF?!