ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance thread for young 1*2 owners

clio 182
Re: Insurance. Fookers! (young 172/182 owners look in)

hi 25 adrian flux is 630 fully comp and unlimited milage and no claims protected drivin abroad windscreen cover etc and iam in a "high risk area" suposably why thats true i dont know if its gonna get swiped then it will do from any were and wats to say its gonna be from home any way ffs!!!!!!

RenaultSport Clio 182

the exact same thing happen to me, i at the time was also 19 and performance direct quoted me an affordable 1800pound. the day came for me to collect the car and i called performance direct for the quote and they told me i couldnt have it for the exact same reason you couldnt. after already selling my car and payin for the clio i had no choice but to find alternative cover. it cost me 3000pound!!!!!!!!!!!

now i am 20, have 2 years no claims, and 3points on license (penalty code : TS50) and am paying 1379 for fully comprehensive cover from adrian flux due to the fact i have tinted windows. it would have been 2300 without the tints :)

Maybe everyone should try tinting theyre windows!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Yup. Modifying your car can save you money in some circumstances. I am now with brentacre and pay £1300 with points and 3yncb - My postcode is as bad as basra though :(.

M135i

1 ncb
very bad postcode

1900 on my own policy with adrian flux on a 182 conversion, full rep body kit, suspension coilovers (slammed), wheels, £300 audio system and tints all listed as mods.

PH-QUICK

Just renewed with elephant, who matched £928.40 quote from admiral.
20, 2 NCB, good postcode, no points.

Pretty good.

Mondeo STTDCI

You're all mad. Anyone paying over a ton a month to insure a Clio is actually certifiable.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

You're all mad. Anyone paying over a ton a month to insure a Clio is actually certifiable.

Do you know how much insurance costs anyway for young people? I was paying 1800 pounds on a£300 1.1 fiesta when I passed my test.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

My 1.2 clio was £1200 to insure the first year.

I like to think i'm getting a bargain these days by comparison.

Mondeo STTDCI

Do you know how much insurance costs anyway for young people? I was paying 1800 pounds on a£300 1.1 fiesta when I passed my test.

LOL. Yes, I was young once.

I used to moan on t'internet about how much it cost too probably.

But £1800 on a £300 Fiesta? Where do you live? Afghanistan?

TPF&T on little shitty shitty bang bangs. Surely not £1800 worth?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

0 ncb
License for under a year

98 a month ;)

Considering I was paying £79 a month on a rover 25 1.4 for a month before I got pissed off with waiting that's not bad really.

Apparently it'll drop like a mofo in Nov when no claims kick in. Shame the insurers aren't like Norwich union and take my 9 ncb from my bike into consideration.

Storm Grey 200

Eurgh, that time of year.

I had my renewal through brentacre. Wasnt overly impressed as its only £100 cheaper than last year! I then phoned adrian flux and the cheapest they could do is £2.3k. Phoned a bunch of "normal" insurance people too and they were unable to come below 2.5k.

All my quotes last year were so much better. 20, 3NCB, 3 points.

Brentacre are currently tops at 1.4k :dead:

Clio 182

Just seen this thread and thought, 'f**k'. done exactly the same thing. got some cheap insurance quotes (by premium choice) and now that i phoned to enquire about it they are saying its around 3k with a 4k excess. WTF.
my current insurer, fluxdirect are quoting me around the 2k region for TPFT. WTF.

phoned brentacre and TPFT - 1090 + 500 excess. Fully comp - 1489 - 650 excess.
As i am paying this in full, i am happy with both of these quotes.

Age - 22.
NCB - 1.
Driving experience - 1 year.
Previous car - Corsa B 1.0 12v.

Westfield
I'm 22, 0 NCB Admiral just quoted me £1271 fully comp with coilovers and exhaust mods...

Sky wouldn't quote due to being under 25 in my postcode, brentacre wanted 2k.

quite happy with admiral quote as was getting a bit worried with the high quotes yesterday. :approve:

ST
Christ, where do some of you live!!

Seems we've got it all up here, good roads, lack of speed deterrents,cheap insurance, in my particular area we've got the cheapest fuel in the UK too..

Clio 182
I'm 22, 0 NCB Admiral just quoted me £1271 fully comp with coilovers and exhaust mods...

Sky wouldn't quote due to being under 25 in my postcode, brentacre wanted 2k.

quite happy with admiral quote as was getting a bit worried with the high quotes yesterday. :approve:

for a 182? how the fcuk did you get it that low? less than 1000 miles per year :rasp:

ST
for a 182? how the fcuk did you get it that low? less than 1000 miles per year :rasp:

Where you from mate?

I paid £1200 for my 182 when i was 20, when i turned 21 it dropped to £950, when i got my R27 at 22 it was 800, then when i got my Mini Cooper S Works last year it was £600, i'm in a G72 postcode.

172 Monaco
Name: Elliott
Job: Student
Live: Exeter / Bournemouth
Insurer: Chruchill
Cost: £551 Per year
NCB: 4 years through fathers company.

Westfield

no silly mileage limit like 1000.... added both parents and it came down from the 2k mark...

getting similar price for quotes without mods, the mods seemed to add roughly 100-200 quid.

Clio 182
Where you from mate?

I paid £1200 for my 182 when i was 20, when i turned 21 it dropped to £950, when i got my R27 at 22 it was 800, then when i got my Mini Cooper S Works last year it was £600, i'm in a G72 postcode.

KY8 postcode.

anyway, ive bought the TPFT from brentacre which was less than what i was able to afford anyway. all the other low quotes i got went tits up because of my previous car, my driving experience and some places can only offer TPFT bellow a certain car value.

Nissan 370Z
i got 3points in march2007 and 4points in april 2007 and 1claim, 20years old with 1years no claim in a B post code..and cant even get under £1300 tpft on a 182!!

LY R26
21, 9 points, criminal conviction, uprated suspension, full exhaust system, no rear interior, harnesses, braided hoses

£1890 adrian flux! Cheapest by far :(

Currently paying Churchill about £65/month, or £750 a year. However they're refusing to cover me for having Eibach springs fitted next week. The car won't even be lowered by them and has no other mods. The only reason I'm getting the Eibach springs is because they are about half the price of fitting genuine Renault items.

Been ringing around for quotes and have had the following so far:

Brentacre - £939 with £500 excess but they want a £328 deposit up front.

Adrian Flux - £950 with £500 excess. Somehow the monthly payment is £104 though which means it's more like £1200 anually.

I don't know where I'm going wrong;

23 years old
5 Years NCB
No accidents or claims - completely clean licence held since 2004
Good postcode

Waiting to hear from Sky Insurance and Greenlight insurance

320d
I'd be reluctant to use Flux again. They where cheap on my 172 but they were complete b******s when I wanted to get an mx5.

Caterham 270R
Mr_P on here just got his through at 24 and 4 years no claims 1495 quid..not good
Standard 182 , cat 1 and parked on his drive.

Mine is 495 fully comp with swinton ( who are crap ) !!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know if credit score has any effect on the insurance price?

I'm currently driving a VTS and paying in total £1200 ish fc.

Got quoted on 1*2 and the cheapest was 2K.

I know it would be high due to only driving 18 months but i'm 27, 1 year ncb, decent postcode ( i think) and garaged. Put down 6000 miles as i walk to work most days.

Funny thing is i got quoted on a DC2 and it was only £100 more than my VTS :S

What about miles on my private runway?

I pay 1900 on a mk2 golf gti with 1 years driving @ 18. Thats with Quinn. A mate pays 2200 on a 206 1.4 8v, it has 74bhp ffs! Couldnt pull the skin off ya custard.

Suzuki Jimny
Mine is due next month. 20 with 1 year NCB.

When doing quotes back when I got the car for this time, they were coming it at around £950. Cheapest I can find now is £1600 :(

Inferno 182
Mr_P on here just got his through at 24 and 4 years no claims 1495 quid..not good
Standard 182 , cat 1 and parked on his drive.

Mine is 495 fully comp with swinton ( who are crap ) !!

after some searching around got it down to £799 with admiral though also had quotes for £3600+ come back as well.

i thought this was a clio not a bloody veyron!!!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
i dunno if you would consider me young (i have just turned 27), but i have less than 2 years car driving experience, just come off of having my license revoked, and had 15 points up until last august.

my 172 cup is my 2nd car (first was a SERIOUSLY modded ex-showcar 206cc) and i really struggled to find insurance!

i was getting quotes of £1500-£2000 from all the obvious insurers and spent about 3 whole evenings on various comparison sites, eventually i gave Tesco a go and they came in cheapest with a Comprehensive quote of £1200(ish)... but then i posted my frustrations on Facebook and a few mates came back with suggestions, the best quote i got was from NFU MUTUAL... pretty unheard of imo, but they gave me an awesome quote of £780 fully comp. give them a go... :cool:

Chelsea tractor
after some searching around got it down to £799 with admiral though also had quotes for £3600+ come back as well.

i thought this was a clio not a bloody veyron!!!
At 25, it was cheaper for me to insure an e320 CDI than a 1.4 clio :D