ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Under 21’s Help

Can you let me know if you are under 21 and who you currently use for insurance ?Currently looking at expanding the discounts section and we would like to approach companies you currently use and are happy with. Thank you in advance. Clare

Beetle

elephant, performance direct, and adrian flux seem to be popular among younger drivers on here

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Im 21 and insure a W Reg (2000) 172 Mk1 with all modifications declared with Adrian Flux.

I pay £1500 fully comp with a £300 excess.

I have 4 yrs NCB and the car is garaged with a CAT 1 immobiliser and alarm.

Hope this helps!

--chris

20 years old on a 182 with 2 years no claims and 3points (sp50), with bell direct

£1745.10 fully comp (mother and sister as additional drivers on the policy)

elephant/admiral/bell are the same company but for me bell were 150 quid cheaper than admiral and elephant

oh mines a 12 month policy too not a 9 month one.

Lou

I use Bell Direct, found they were the cheapest.

Im 20, insure 1.2 16V Dynamique, 0yrs NCB due to accident that wasnt my fault but had to go thru insurance.

Pay £618 for their 10month bonus excellerator (spelling)

Quote: Originally posted by jimmyt16v on 11 September 2005

elephant!!! there the daddies! 657 fully comp with 3 yrs ncb! oh and im 20 yr old

Just hope theyre still the daddies if you ever have to claim with them tho. Any company can give you a low quote, its their claims procedure which distinguishes it as a good deal or not.

Rb 182

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 11 September 2005

When I was I used CIS, Tesco and Norwich Union Direct who I renewed with after i turned 22. Had some licence difficulties too!
LMAO!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 11 September 2005
Not being cheeky but whys this pinned, especially when it should be in the insurance forum? Just a mistake I presume.

Not a mistake, more an information gathering exercise.

I am looking into insurance discounts and and hoping to be able to include an insurance company that the under 21s can also use, and this is in the main Clio Disscusion forum to gain the most taffic before i start phoning around tomorrow!

172 Cup

Im currently 21 mate with 3 years NCB. Ive got 3 points because this country is obsessed with speeding punishment. I also have my girlfriend on the policy (which makes it cheaper although the chances of her driving it equal to that of me donating my car to charity). I shopped around and elephant were by far the most helpful.

I payed the insurance outright for a year with an increased excess, but if you drive sensible youll have no worries. All in all I payed £798 with 7000 miles a year and a car value of £7500.

[Edited by Topgun on 11 September 2005 at 9:24pm]

106 gti

21, 1 years ncb, FEMALE, 2003 Astra Coupe Turbo, with mods declared, £1253 with Elephant, I think a 182 was about £1500

Quote: Originally posted by RN0 5EAN on 12 September 2005

im 19, 182 trophy, 6 points (IN10) and a charge with LC20, insured through norwich union pay £2200
doesnt 6 points in first 2 years of driving put you back down to learner status?? whats in10 and lc20?

norwich union told me i have to be 25 to insure my 182..

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235

Copied from the other post:

Im 20 and have a 182 Trophy

I think Im paying roughly £1900 with Elephant with 1 years NCB, no points as of yet, the tip about adding your parents i can confirm definatley is true and is above board as i questioned this with elephant.

Hope this helps.

MY10 R35 GTR

Quoted £1198 on 182 sport. 21yrs old 0 NCB 1 claim been driving nearly 3 years. The policy is in my name but both parents are on it as named drivers!

Just waiting for my letter coming from my old insurer confirming my 2yrs NCB which will bring it down.

just wish I didnt have to wait another couple of wks to get me car!!!

LY V6 with Recaros

Admiral or elephant are Cheapest for me is about £500 for my vtr, 2NC and 3 points, but got quote for £1013 for my 182 with Admiral, which is cheapest so far, my boyfriend makes it cheaper for some reason, despite having 2 claims!

LY V6 with Recaros

Quote: Originally posted by Funnycar55 on 12 September 2005

Quoted £1198 on 182 sport. 21yrs old 0 NCB 1 claim been driving nearly 3 years. The policy is in my name but both parents are on it as named drivers!

Just waiting for my letter coming from my old insurer confirming my 2yrs NCB which will bring it down.

just wish I didnt have to wait another couple of wks to get me car!!!

Whos that with?

Thank you everyone who has given suggestions so far, i will let you all know what happens as and when i get responses back.

Please feel free to pm me should you have anthing you wish me to look into when contacting companies apart from a discount, do you need to see anything specific in the cover etc.

Clare

don't

obviously, would help if the discount is with a company that accepts modifications

i.e greenlight

admiral/elephant/belldirect

I was with admiral, now with elephant, hic were close the year before but now have gone up,+ take ages to get through to them

BMW 328 Ci

I know its been said many times before, but

When quoting with elephant put your parents in as other drivers and it nearly always brings the price down.

They seem good enough for claiming, my mates in a middle of one at the moment. Seem the best for prices to me.

Im 20 with 2 NCB, I have been quoted the following for 10 months. Im currently on 19 - 20 year old 1 NCB, £600 for my Clio

Audi S3 £1500
Audi S4 (2.7 Bi Turbo!!) £1500
182 £1500
BMW 328i sport £1300
Alfa 2.5 V6 £800
Volvo 2.3 T5 Turbo £1500
BMW 323 2.5 £900

[Edited by Mack on 15 September 2005 at 3:45pm]

MY10 R35 GTR

Sorry my quote for the 182 was with elephant! Cheapest by a long way next closest was £1500

If its your own policy stick the parents on it makes it cheaper.

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 15 September 2005

obviously, would help if the discount is with a company that accepts modifications

i.e greenlight

admiral/elephant/belldirect

I was with admiral, now with elephant, hic were close the year before but now have gone up,+ take ages to get through to them
At the moment we still have a discount with Greenlight but they dont cover under 21s and i would like to see if we can get a company that will cover all age groups that can work alongside.

[Edited by bouncy tigger on 15 September 2005 at 6:04pm]

If there are any further suggestions you would like to make over the weekend please feel free to email them to mailto:clare@cliosport.net">clare@cliosport.net