ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interesting argument. (can of worms)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
i was gonna say 172cup 2 live and thats why i bought 1. if it had a cable throttle i reckon it would of hit the jackpot. reminded me of the 205.

120d M Sport
Does a cup not handle totally differently from a 205? i.e. more geared towards understeer than oversteer?

Tell me, I'm keen to know, I'm yet to drive either.

Mk5 golf gti
Wow Einstein, steady on or else you might conquer the world!

But thats the point, they have been built for different generations

if the 200 acheives what the 205 did then thats a good thing

you would look a right **** driving round in a 205 compared to the clio now

you also have to remeber the 200 has been build under mega tight EU restrictions

in which the 205 didnt

otherwise things would be totally different

making the 200 leaps ahead compared to the 205

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Does a cup not handle totally differently from a 205? i.e. more geared towards understeer than oversteer?

Tell me, I'm keen to know, I'm yet to drive either.

they have similar trates as in light rear end and adjustable with the throttle but the 205 was alot more so. the biggest difference is grip and brakes where the cup kills the 205.

the cup will understeer if your clumsy but if you have some talent the rear end can be brought into play on demand and makes into into a true scalp taking weapon. imo

Mk5 golf gti

you also have to remeber the 200 has been build under mega tight EU restrictions

in which the 205 didnt

The discussion is mainly about the drive, got nothing to do what you look like in either.

Go figure

considering it gives the same 'rawness'

but is more usable all round

owners of either will argue their side

ive owned neither and driven both

200 is the better car IMO

no doubt

if anyones opinion is based on driving both then fair enough, the majority isnt

Mk5 golf gti
Driven neither yet you dish out remarks like that

thought at least you had something to go on

what a kn0b

120d M Sport
Same rawness as an '80's hot hatch? I highly doubt it!

I'll let someone who has driven one come along and confirm it then.

I've admitted I haven't driven either, that doesn't mean I can't engage in the discussion.

I don't need to have driven either to inform you that you're quite clearly wrong!

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
Go figure

considering it gives the same 'rawness'

but is more usable all round

owners of either will argue their side

ive owned neither and driven both

200 is the better car IMO

no doubt

if anyones opinion is based on driving both then fair enough, the majority isnt

you think a 200 is as raw as a 205? you did say youve driven a 205gti right?

Mk5 golf gti
you think a 200 is as raw as a 205? you did say youve driven a 205gti right?

YES

its not physically as raw but the 200 delivers a raw driving experiance in comparison to the 205

it couldnt get any more towards that way because of EU laws etc and customer demand for price

Mk5 golf gti
Same rawness as an '80's hot hatch? I highly doubt it!

I'll let someone who has driven one come along and confirm it then.

I've admitted I haven't driven either, that doesn't mean I can't engage in the discussion.

I don't need to have driven either to inform you that you're quite clearly wrong!

i have driven both LOL

just because you dont like the opinion it doesnt make it wrong

didnt say you couldnt engage either

Mk5 golf gti
they have similar trates as in light rear end and adjustable with the throttle but the 205 was alot more so. the biggest difference is grip and brakes where the cup kills the 205.

the cup will understeer if your clumsy but if you have some talent the rear end can be brought into play on demand and makes into into a true scalp taking weapon. imo

Brakes is the big upper hand

Mk5 golf gti
That's physical.

WTF have you been smoking tonight to prompt a string of daft comments?

Are you retarded

The 200 is not as physically raw as the 205
not the 200 isnt physically raw

your the one who has blatantly had a few shandy's and is giving it out

i was giving my experiance on both

you offer f**k all to the thread

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Are you retarded

The 205 is not as physically raw as the 200
not the 205 isnt physically raw

your the one who has blatantly had a few shandy's and is giving it out

i was giving my experiance on both

you offer f**k all to the thread

i dunno what youre perception of raw is, maybe you mean stiff more track setup like. but what we meant is feeling the road through the wheel and seat (something all modern cars lack) every action you do has an effect on the car, no traction control/driver aids deleting inputs just driving at its purist.

120d M Sport
You need correcting, you're not making sense. I think you need to get an understanding for the meanings of "physically" and "raw"

I'll let someone else correct you from here, was a decent thread until your ramblings!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mk5 golf gti
i dunno what youre perception of raw is, maybe you mean stiff more track setup like. but what we meant is feeling the road through the wheel and seat (something all modern cars lack) every action you do has an effect on the car, no traction control/driver aids deleting inputs just driving at its purist.

i dont care what 'we' meant

im telling you what i think, all modern cars lack it for a reason

drive a 205 1.9 round a track then a 200, you will have a hell of a better drive in the 200. thats all im saying

205 mi16's make good track toys. but standard they are pish (now)

Mk5 golf gti
You need correcting, you're not making sense. I think you need to get an understanding for the meanings of "physically" and "raw"

I'll let someone else correct you from here, was a decent thread until your ramblings!

if you dont understand then thats your problem

drive both then come back with an opinion

thanks

120d M Sport
Find where I have given you an opinion on either car?

I have asked sensible questions and corrected you on some daft, misinformed comments.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i dont care what 'we' meant

im telling you what i think, all modern cars lack it for a reason

drive a 205 1.9 round a track then a 200, you will have a hell of a better drive in the 200. thats all im saying

205 mi16's make good track toys. but standard they are pish (now)

a 205gti is a road car and a 200 was developed with the track in mind. you have missed the point completely its not about ownership and performance stats. ivesaid it enough times ffs.

Mk5 golf gti
I was offering my opinion based on my experiance

Just because you don't like it that's your problem

Try to stop arse licking other members and listening to peoples experiances

Romeo dunn?? Try making that comment anywhere except behind your keyboard

rs clio ph1 172
i love this post how its turned from a car that is a good hot hatch into something amazing since evo tested it????
i had 2 and they were quick but they also tinny, shite interior, unrialble electrics, and i have to say at the time people preffered other hot hatches like r5, gti 16v or rs turbo and the hf turbo.

120d M Sport
I was offering my opinion based on my experiance

Just because you don't like it that's your problem

Try to stop arse licking other members and listening to peoples experiances

Romeo dunn?? Try making that comment anywhere except behind your keyboard

Your views contrast with pretty much everyone elses in the thread and don't make much sense. Then you offered idiotic comments like "you'd look like a tw*t in a 205". Thanks, but no thanks for your opinion.

PMSL at the last bit! Have you taken that personally? What would your reaction be if someone said that to your face then?

Mk5 golf gti
So what if its different from other peoples opinions, I'm not a sheep I just gave my opinion from my experiance?? What's wrong with that

Thanks for saying no thanks to my opinion but coming from you that means f**k all

Didn't take it personally but childish comments like that are uncalled for, baiting for similar replies is the same

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i love this post how its turned from a car that is a good hot hatch into something amazing since evo tested it????
i had 2 and they were quick but they also tinny, shite interior, unrialble electrics, and i have to say at the time people preffered other hot hatches like r5, gti 16v or rs turbo and the hf turbo.

yeah every1 preffered those hatches to a 205gti hence why it sold so badly oh wait...........

120d M Sport
So what if its different from other peoples opinions, I'm not a sheep I just gave my opinion from my experiance?? What's wrong with that

Thanks for saying no thanks to my opinion but coming from you that means f**k all

Didn't take it personally but childish comments like that are uncalled for, baiting for similar replies is the same

Ok. If you really see a light hearted, innocuous remark as provocation then you evidently have issues.

williams and trophy
lol...

the 205 is a hell of a lot more involving......did it move the game on??? in terms of driver adjustability....not really no......the adjustability has been there since the days of the mini. the 205 however did take it to the next step. LOO was far easier to come by and the extra power meant it was easier to bring the front end back round if u kept ur foot in

the 200......less involving, quicker ...yes....did it move the game on in terms of driver adjustment.....not 1 fukkin bit.

oh....and look.post 200.....lol...is that an omen??

nah

on that note...the 205 wins hands down.

and yes.....iv driven both

Last edited:
  williams and trophy

in which the 205 didnt

you do have a valid point re the regs etc. but im sure there are cars still being produced with no abs, no esp, no tc....basically all the shitty aids that turn 1/2 decent drivers into the next fangio........in their head and the cars computers.

ITB'd MK1
bare to the bones fun? no abs, no tc, no esp.....no driver aids, fast, handled well, soooo much fun.

sounds like a williams to me.

you might have got away with that, if it hadn't have been for that pesky power steering, awwww bless, too heavy to turn the wheel without some driver assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.