ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior fan not working

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Well this morning i went out to my mk2 clio (2002) and started it and left it running before i left for work as the car was frozen up.
At this point the interior fans worked but in the meantime i had a lukewarm kettle indoors that i poured over windescreen just to get rid of the thick frost on it.
Went back out to car 10-15 later and interior fans have stopped working.
I've just checked the fuses inside the car (near the end of dashboard passenger side) and they all seem fine.

So firstly is there another fuse under the bonnet and secondly is this a common issue that can easily be rectified?

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
If it helps it also has the digital climate control fitted.
I've read that the resistor plug is at the bottom of winderscreen so possibly i could have got water ingress from the water that was poured over the winderscreen.
If that is case is it just a fact of letting it dry out and cleaning the plug??

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Well I've taken the plug and resistor out tonight and ran a hairdryer over resistor to see if it was damp and still doesn't work.

Anybody got any ideas please as I'm running out now?

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Well I've put a wire into no. 1 and 5 in the plug and the heater works on full so I'm guessing it is the resistor pack that has gone?