ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior neons...

last year i bought to sets of cheap, small neons and wired them up directly to the battery via the ciggy lighter n they where lovely n bright witha hidden switch in the ashtray.. (to go in footweels)

Still got them but they have faded a lot as they where pretty cheap & nasty tbh... im gona buy some newer, better ones but i wanted to try and fit these in to the pocket/storey bits on the doors.

The problem is i need to feed the wire via the footweels thru the small wire protector bit which goes from the car main body to the door. Has anyone else done this?

Any help would be great! thanks

lol i was expecting that...

Ive not done too badder job thus far i think and im a fan of subtle lighting. Try it, u might like it ;)

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 14 October 2004

Any help? Throw them into your nearest skip.
let the guy do what he wants, everyones so anti modding, the only thing i will say no to is halfords tailpipe addons for standard exhausts, and LED washer jets.

500bhp Scoob

ok ok, truce...

just thought maybe it was a bit harsh saying chuck em in the nearest skip, thats all.

sorry if my comment offended u badinvincible

Personally i think this anti modding lark is getting rediculous. The guy simply asked how to get the wire through the door and people start telling him to bin them and saying they are sh*t etc etc. It isnt just this post either its all the time. Fair enough if people ask for opinions about what they have done to the car, but when they just need help, i personally think that unless you have anything nice/helpfull to say then dont say anything.

To answer your question though, you need to unplug the cable/connector bit that goes from the car to the door, its like a multi pin thing which should just pull out or unclip, cant remember. Anyway, take that all off and feed you wire through the hole in the car (where the plug was) you then need to try and feed the wire through the rubber casing of the connector plug. This is hard as it is bent and tight (bit like MikeC) so the best way is to get a screwdriver or something long and straight and feed this through first to hold the thing as straight as possible. Then get something else long and straight and feed the wire through taped to the end of this (you will get very frustrated and angry doing this as the wire will keep coming off the end!) once the wire is through that bit, feed it into the door where the connector would plug in, and i assume you will be taking the door cards off to drill a hole in the pocket bit to feed the wire.

Hope that helps a bit.

[Edited by Guilbert on 15 October 2004 at 9:34am]