ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent clipping clutch on DCI

Oil Burner
Ive got a 04 plate dci 80 and it had a faulty clutch replaced at 38k, now at 72k its slipping again. However it was slipping badly when i first noticed, then it wouldnt slip at all for a week, now its slipping again but only ever so slightly.

Are there any common causes for this? Oil on the pressure plate?

The previous clutch started to fall apart at the edges and these loose bits were floating around and getting trapped in the clutch causing it to slip. Chance of having two do this? surely slim?

Your thought are appreciated.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
rear main oil seal leaking? ive seen this a few times, get under your car have a nosey at where the bell housing joins the block.

Volvo S60 T5
gearbox out time, new clutch and tell whoever does it to check carefully for any oil leaks, condition of release bearing guide on gearbox etc.

Oil Burner
yup, the dry release bearing has been knackered for ages, (or i believe this is what causes the creaks down the pedal, had cable replaced)

Thanks for your input guys, just confirmed what i guessed.

Anyone else know of anything to look out for?

Nick