ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Squealing from lefthand front wheel (i think?)

RenaultSport Clio 172
Hi all,

Went for a drive in the hills just before in my 172, and on the way back, i noticed that when i was doing anywhere between about 30 - 70kph, there's an intermittent 'squealing' noise coming from the front lefthand wheel (i think)...

This goes away when i touch the brake pedal, even just slightly (i.e. not actually applying any pressure to the pads)

I checked the brake pads, and there's still PLENTY of meat left on the fronts, and probably 10 - 15mm on the rear. There is also no wear indicator illuminating on the dash (Do RSC's even have pad wear sensors?)

The noise comes and goes, and seems to start when i have the wheel turned slightly to either the left or right (that's when it's most prevalent) however i has also happened sometimes when going straight.

I thought it might be just a small stone or similar caught between the pad and the disc, so i tried the procedure for removing a stone - it fixed it for probably 10 - 15 minutes and then it returned.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

Also, something that i thought would be worth mentioning... when braking hard, the front left wheel is always the first one to lock up... and also i can hear the ABS unit (i'm assuming?) on the lefthand side of the dash making all kinds of weird clicking/electronic type noises when that happens...