ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introducing the little rascal (106 GTi)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
First off, I'll crack on with the pics.

7321964994_2ccda292fa_z.jpg

Peugeot 106 GTi by DanielJames., on Flickr
7321982188_00934b2439_z.jpg

7322008580_bfd1d6d8b5_z.jpg

7322030044_f2979cb913_z.jpg

7322058458_1663508692_z.jpg

7321954400_6e89bdb07a_z.jpg

7321996166_b17a90e8c7_z.jpg

Peugeot 106 GTi Interior by DanielJames., on Flickr
7321940938_60a0d18c3b_z.jpg

Peugeot 106 GTi Interior by DanielJames., on Flickr

So, here we have an ALMOST standard 106 GTi. I picked it up for around £800 a month ago, needing a new gearbox. Unfortunately once I changed the gearbox I then found it needed a clutch too.

Today when trying fitting the clutch I found out I had been sent the wrong clutch by CarParts4Less. b****cks Of course I didn't check the parts BEFORE getting the gearbox off the car, that would be silly of me :wobble:

I've bought it due to feeling a bit shitty as of late, and as some of you know I had a couple of Saxo VTS' before. I'm hoping having this to go out and have fun in will cheer me up a bit :)

After it's got a clutch on it, I'll be insuring it and going for a drive up the penines!

A few jobs need doing though, time for a list
* rear bumper paint missing
* interior carpet coming away from edge near glove box (common)
* drivers seat bolster wear (hoping to get a die kit)
* brakes are dismal, I think a 306 brake upgrade is needed :)
* few little bits to tidy up here and there, the engine bay needs some TLC!
* exhaust blowing slightly

On the last point though, I got under the car obviously when doing the clutch, only to find a PIPER sports cat exhaust system! So a bit of good news, they're worth quite a bit.

Thanks for reading
Dan

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey, that looks in good nick. Nice to see an unmolested example although I think they are looking a little dated now. Enjoy dude.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Looks tasty! Always had a soft spot for em!

Please get rid of the 16v badges :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That'll be why it needs a new clutch and gearbox haha!

120d M Sport
Love these so much though. Looks so fresh in the moonstone. Enjoy it

Here's my old one, keeping it standard lookswise is definitely where it's at:

IMG_0056.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Looks fairly tidy that, nice :) Brakes shouldn't be dismal though - either just something you're not used to or want some decent pads. Standard brakes are plenty good enough for them.

keo

Clio Trophy
I have had two 106 GTI's loads of fun, if i got another it would be moonstone or indigo. Yours looks tidy

120d M Sport
Btw I used the 'Scuff master' leather repair kit on mine and the leather bolsters looked mint after. Cost about £15.

Reccomend the 206 gti 266mm brake upgrade as you can fit those under the standard 14's which look sweet!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looks fairly tidy that, nice :) Brakes shouldn't be dismal though - either just something you're not used to or want some decent pads. Standard brakes are plenty good enough for them.

My old VTS had GTi6 or berlingo 283mm upgrade on it, so im not used to these little compact discs

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
+ 3

S1050935.jpg

Mine was 133bhp, seemingly standard, went like f**k and sounded the part also.

I miss mine! I will have another!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! First up, bargain mate. That is proper fresh looking, sadly it's an uninspiring colour.

No sure why you fitted a new box and didn't do the clutch at the same time. Well worth noting in the future.

Stunningly fun cars.

120d M Sport
They're all coming out of the woodwork here,some fine examples :)

Gally, moonstone is one of, if not the most desirable colour for the 106 gti. Looks so fresh. That's why they normally command a bit more than your average diablo/silver.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Wont be keeping both, would love to but insurance on 2 cars is a joke at my age!

Thanks for all the good comments and sharing of your cars, tell you all what I cant wait to get this car on the road! Hopefully this weekend :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I have something similar, just a different tarty shell:

5904940354_3d306160c2_b.jpg

Soon to be 160bhp worth of 8v powerz
Thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?567196-Project-OEM-Chavbox-Alot-of-Pictures

/ASW

Your 106 looks tidy. Regarding the carpet, you're right its quite common, mine has done it for ages, just need to tuck it back. And when upgrading the brakes dont forget the MC (believe a 406 one is the upgrade). Makes the world of difference to pedal feel.

Hey Sam, surprised you haven't seen this car on my facebook and put 2 and 2 together...

I forgot all about the MC on my Saxo and it didn't feel too bad tbh, but I will look into the MC upgrade if I do the brakes on this :)

Audi A3
i had a sundance yellow one a few years back. id love another!
look after it as best you can and you wont have many problems, no more than a clio anyway!

120d M Sport
I agree about the master cylinder, my 266mm kit with good pads discs and fresh fluid still felt spongey through the pedal, though it still came down from big speeds very quickly. The MC would just make them feel sharper.

Tom you're right they do feel a bit rough but when you're in the mood for a real good blast I'd much rather one than a 172, they deliver that bit more I feel.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
looks a cracker buddy,never had one of these,had the xsi in miami blue i think it was called,
like the one above in the last picture.a cracking little car in itself so gti must be good.