ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 5.1

S3, Polo
Irritated that the IconSettings toggles have been rendered useless by the latest iOS update (5.1).

I'd forgotten how much of a long-winded ball-ache toggling on/off common settings is!

For those that never used them, they were short-cuts to common system settings (wifi/ airplane mode/ Bluetooth/ mobile data/ etc.) that were easily accessible from the desktop, seen here in the top right, under 'System'.

bcdd18c6-b6b4-bf5e.jpg

(Image - courtesy of Tom)

For instance, toggling BT on/off was a convenient and fairly brisk 2-tap affair. It's now a protracted, 4-tap hunt through the 'Settings' menu - Admittedly, it's not the end of the world, no, but a PITA considering the brilliance displayed in the rest of the UI.

Hopefully, at some point, a future update will make the Notifications drop-down more customisable and allow them to be accessed from here. It seems a bit remiss to have closed the loophole preventing this functionality (admittedly a loose work-around) but not introducing something that clearly a lot of people found useful.

[/rant]

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Jailbreak and sbsettings. I've set it so if I hold the down volume button it appears.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331315385.716151.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331315385.716151.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 159
  Ph2 172
Has anyone suffered any issues with Photostream since iOS5.1 update?? (iPhone 4S) Seemingly, when I take photos now, it doesn't copy them into the photostream album on the phone. It doesn't sync them to iCloud either, but I presume this won't work if it's not even putting them on the stream folder on the phone.

I have tried turning the feature off and on again, to no avail. All that did was delete everything out of the stream that was in there before.

Any ideas??

dk

911 GTS Cab
i really miss the bluetooth shortcut, used to use it twice a day :(

on the plus side, IOS5.1 is much faster on my 4.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My battery life has improved;

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331371716.913146.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331371716.913146.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 130

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Camera icon on lock screen annoys me. Before when they introduced it with IOS5.0 you has to hit the button.Now when you do that it just bounces. Now you have to slide it?

Why? This seems stupid to me.

iOS 5.1 Keyboard Bug

Couldn't see anything on this subject....

Has anyone noticed since updating my iPhone 4 to 5.1 that after using the search function the keyboard won't disappear... I have use sleep or open and close an app?

AK

M240i
LOL!

I saved pictures of some horrid blue waffle minge to send to Harpham and they stuck in my photo stream.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Any idea how the "suggestion" button works? It sounds a great idea but doesn't actually do anything.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Highlight a word and then go to the copy/paste part it's in there.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are you retarded? ;)

The button doesn't actually do anything!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My suggestions don't actually work. Do I have to turn it on it the options somewhere?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid thing, I shall try and resolve the issue!

Bus w**ker
What are you expecting it to do? It's an incremental update to, mostly, resolve a few small bugs that have been affecting the minority of users.