ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok so far got

remote
pangea VR
Phone saber
Where
Light
Near pics
Shazam

now i wanna get a game one that you pay for...

i played on super monkey ball and it was good and shows off the phone really well... but i like the look of enigmo... im limiting myself to one to begin with so do i get supermonkey ball or enigmo or something else?

RB 182
Re: iphone appstore must haves?

Ones I've got so far are:

Remote
Facebook
iPint
Bejeweled 2
Light
PhoneSaber
Shazam
Spanish
ZIPcodes
Scratch
To Do

There are some rubbish on the app store to say that there are 500+ apps on there.

RB 182

Remote - Controls your iTunes library on your computer remotely
Facebook - Application for the social network
iPint - Game that turns your iPhone into a virtual pint.
Bejeweled 2 - Game that used to be on MSN
Light - White screen that gives off 'light'
PhoneSaber - Using the accelerometer can be used as a Light Sabre
Shazam - Listens to a song and tells you what it is.
Spanish - App to learn Spanish
ZIPcodes - Basically a database of post codes around the world.
Scratch - A DJ scratching app
To Do - stores you list of things to do.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Any more?

I've got 'Things' which is good, and also 'Aurora Feint' is a good game, I was on it for 2 hour last night when i went to bed!

Citroen DS3 DSport

VNC Lite is available on the App Store now, will have to test it with my work and home computers.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I can't get it to connect to my work PC. It reaches the 'VNC Negotiation' stage and then never fully connects. The icon on my work PC changes to show a incoming connection but I then get a 'Host has closed connection' message after a minute or two.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've installed the Dark Knight app which appeared today but it doesn't do anything. It's titled Hahaha

EDIT:

Got it working now. You have to drag each shape out with two fingers on the screen.

Last edited:
  SLK 350

I can't get it to connect to my work PC. It reaches the 'VNC Negotiation' stage and then never fully connects. The icon on my work PC changes to show a incoming connection but I then get a 'Host has closed connection' message after a minute or two.

Mocha VNC, I have the same issue. However it won't work here due to the Pix firewall (port 5900 and more locked down) and I don't fancy opening it up to test this, I'll sort it out tonight on my home PC first - VNC is far from secure.

Other way of testing it would be to make an ADHOC Wifi network and connect point to point, or to dump the VNC server on a Wifi on the DMZ and connect to it that way (ensuring all your LAN network traffic is disconnected first).

Be great if it works though, although asd above I'm reluctant to open those ports for VNC as they're a big security hole!

Citroen DS3 DSport

Bugger it I opened them on my work connection and it still doesn't work :D

Tesla MP3 2021

Anyone have any idea's when the ebay app for uk is going to be out?

Citroen DS3 DSport

No I'v ebeen looking for that, I'm sure they said it would be available on the launch of the App Store but no sign of it yet.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

does the Shazam program work for free? (I know its a free download) but does it work for free? or are there charges for its use (like the texted based version)?

Citroen DS3 DSport

No charges yet but I think it's only free for a as yet unannounced limited time.

Formally Clio 182

Don't use Shazam. Midomi as much better - you can hold you phone to music, hum a song, sing a song or type lyrics and it's free.

I also use Vicinity as well which was a couple of quid and it gives you nearest restaurants, pubs, taxis, take-aways, etc, etc from your gps location.

SLK 350

Mofo's....

Looks like Tuner has been pulled from the Appstore for some reason, can't find it anywhere at all. Wonder if it breached policy in some way?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Mofo's....

Looks like Tuner has been pulled from the Appstore for some reason, can't find it anywhere at all. Wonder if it breached policy in some way?

Oddly I already replied to this question saying that they are probably awaiting approval for an updated version to go live on the app store. Well I was correct, Tuner is now available again with Tuner v1.2 for anyone wishing to purchase. It's very good.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I installed the US ebay app tonight and it's very good, with luck the UK version will appear soon so that I can search UK listings.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

I installed the US ebay app tonight and it's very good, with luck the UK version will appear soon so that I can search UK listings.

Is it possible to install the US app Pandora?

Tesla MP3 2021

How??

Well if its only US listings then im not bothered.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Is it possible to install the US app Pandora?

Yes but it checks your iPhone IP address and you get this message :D

Dear Pandora Visitor,
We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.
We believe that you are in United Kingdom (your IP address appears to be 92.???.???.???). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com
If you are a paid subscriber, please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com and we will issue a pro-rated refund to the credit card you used to sign up. If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.
We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.
We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.