ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IP address, trackable?

172 Flamer
Hi guys, just a quick question to any computer genius.

I have received an email today saying that someone has been trying to gain access to my clio sport user name, without success (password incorrect more than 5 times). Attached to the email is the 'failed hackers' IP address.

Does anyone know of any way of tracking this, or finding a rough area/region this is taking place??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Fiesta ST
I'm sure forum admins can see other forum users IP addresses. Might be another forum user trying to hack your account.

However like has been said above - try a whois and at least it might give you the country, if's not UK then I would just ignore it and make sure you password is a good one. If it's a half decent hacker the IP won't be real anyway ;)

172 Flamer
Cheers for the info guys, done that whois thing and its showing as Amsterdam, so i'm not going to worry bout it. My password is solid, not even my best mate would have a chance of guessing it