ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nope, but why would the keyboard by on the screen for 10 mins anyway?

My screen turns off after 2 mins.

Why do people always change the prices to try and suit their argument?

You could have sold an iPad2 for £300. Then wait a week and buy the new one for £400. The new one with a faster processor, better camera and an infinitely better screen.

That horse image might not show it brilliantly but if you can't see the difference with text then you need new eyes.

Revels Mum & Sister
Just had a look at one in the Apple store. The text is sharper and screen quite impressive however not enough for me to buy one and sell my ipad 2 and spend the 150 to upgrade. Will stick with the ipad 2 for now. Just doesnt warrant the upgrade for me.

Lee

BMW M2C
The screen is immense to be fair. You wouldn't believe how pin sharp it is. That's about it really.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I don't have an iPad, I want an iPad and when I have some spare cash I will probably buy one. My laptop is rubbish and I'm fed up of using my iPhone for everything staring at a tiny screen etc.

White clique
I've got a sealed boxed ipad 2 sat here under my table which i am giving away at some IT conference next week, was bought a few weeks ago.

No doubt some ungrateful technie knobber will moan thats its not the ipad 3 when they win it . Pfffft.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Omg'z the game air supremacy on the retina screen is awesome. 2.99 but it shows what the screen can do at its best.

is dirty.
I ordered mine the day it came out online, it isn't being delivered until the 2nd April.

Ive never owned an iPad before so the wait is unbearable!!!

I ordered mine the day it came out online, it isn't being delivered until the 2nd April.

Ive never owned an iPad before so the wait is unbearable!!!

I assume Apple haven't charged you yet? Just cancel and pick up from a store?

Mk2 Golf GTI
OK one thing that does suck is that the battery is a hell of a lot bigger, yet the charger is still only a 10w jobby. Takes a long time to charge. Could they not have upped the wattage on the charger?!

Still, it's an amazing piece of kit. Completely sold on the tablet concept now. iBooks is awesome. Already chucked all my unread PDFs on there that just don't get a look in on the desktop and have read more than ever. Just need to get some HD vids on there now.

Anyone else finding this?

The battery charging? Yes, although it makes perfect sense because they've had to add a much bigger battery to maintain the 10hr battery life despite the processor and screen using a lot more power.

I've only charged it from empty once, set it going at 11pm and it was still going when I woke up at 5am, pretty sure my iPad 1 only took about 4hrs to charge.

S3, Polo
The last page kind of proved my point. A large proportion of potential iPad buyers/ existing owners simply don't want, need or care about the improvements!

This (a 3rd Gen) is my first iPad and I love it as it stands. Though I have read that the extra processing power is essentially to cater for driving the new screen and in real terms, the iPad 2 and 3 are very similar in terms of horsepower 'benchmarks'.

I chose to buy my first iPad at this generation -and I'm happy with my decision- but I can be objective and see the sense in others' reasons for not wanting to upgrade/ appreciate the value of, admittedly, incremental upgrades.

Last edited:
People want a totally different variation everytime. Same with the iPhone.

There's only so much you can change. And the new iPad has changed all the important parts.

Apple aren't bothered about getting people to upgrade, as nice as it is for them, they know that people who spent £400+ a year ago aren't likely to want to spend more money on the new one.

But there is still millions of people, like Nero, that haven't got any form of iPad. They see the new screen and decide now is the time to buy one.

No matter what had changed, some people wouldn't want to upgrade. The iPad2 is still the second best tablet available. By a long long way. It's not suddenly awful because there's a new model and for millions of people it will be fine maybe until next year, or the year after, or the year after.

Some people like to buy s**t with plugs. Some people like to buy watered down beer and be sick all Sunday. People are different. The latter seems to be accepted. The former makes you a fanboy.

If you want to upgrade or buy it. Then do so. If you have an iPad2 and don't think it's worth spending the extra, then don't. Nobody is forcing you. But it IS better. In all areas. But that doesn't make the iPad2 a bad tablet.

Flatmate got his 3 on Friday. Looking at it next to my 2 - The screen is lovely, certainly noticeably better but it's not a gigantic improvement on the 2 IMO.

If I was buying an iPad now I'd definitely get the 3 but it's not enough of an improvement for me to bother trading in the 2.

Rav4
I was using iMessage and over the course of receiving messages I didn't switch the screen off as they were constantly coming through, but I thought screen burning would be a thing of the past these days

I would too. What if you're playing a game for 15 mins, where some of the icons aren't changing or pixel shifting......

Ok thanks. Yeah I realise that, but I wondered if they may have upscaled the font size only marginally, and not proportionally. I'd prefer everything to be a little more spacious, given that the screen won't be s**t anymore, and could easily cope with smaller fonts, but anyway.

White.

Oh an PMSL at the screen quality and double resolution not being an important upgrade for a tablet. PMSL.

P.M.S.L.
I don't think people said it wasn't an important upgrade to the device. They said it wasn't an upgrade that justified them moving from an iPad 2. .