ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad - Do i or don't i?

Right guys, im on the fence on getting a iPad, think it would be useful for work for email and taking customer records and things like that but am not sure.

Am just worried of paying all that money for it just to have a glorified iPod. Is it worth it?

atm its just a massive iPod touch.
But is there not going to be changes on the next software update??

EDIT: Have just read about it and i'm buying one lol

The wireless printing is whats sold it as that was the only thing in my mind stopping me from buying it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The wireless printing is whats sold it as that was the only thing in my mind stopping me from buying it.

Dont buy it until that feature is confirmed, lots of rumours about it being removed.

Listerine & Poledo
samsung galaxy tab is a good alternative, slightly cheaper too and not anywhere near as restrictive

SchwepTek™
TBH i bought one just coz and at first thought it was a waste of money.

But after playing with it, it really is an immense bit of kit.

iOS 4.2 will make it a whole new device...cant wait!

samsung galaxy tab is a good alternative, slightly cheaper too and not anywhere near as restrictive
I've played about with one and its laggy and the touchscreen tbh is total crap! You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

I mean, lagging while playing angry birds just isnt acceptable! LOL!

Listerine & Poledo
also, the samsung hasn't got a half-eaten apple picture on the back of it, I guess, so it's doomed to fail

i got the ipad 32gb wifi at launch, must admit i used it more than my laptop, get one means you can e-mail them with the signature sent from my ipad....choice of winners!

A silver one

Slightly cheaper?

16gb iPad = £429.99
16gb Samsung Tab = £499.99

I've not seen the Samsung Tab cheaper anywhere.

Listerine & Poledo
Slightly cheaper?

16gb iPad = £429.99
16gb Samsung Tab = £499.99

I've not seen the Samsung Tab cheaper anywhere.

Samsung is with GSM, iTouch XL equivalent would be 529.

also you can jam an SD card in the samsung, make it a 48gb, a 32gb iPad would be £599 and if it decides to go all apple about things and wipe itself then you lose it all, at least the SD is safe from that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the aple does all sorts of lovely things, but it is just another load of toss for brand suckers.

Samsung is with GSM, iPod Touch XL equivalent would be 529.

also you can jam an SD card in the samsung, make it a 48gb, a 32gb iPad would be £599 and if it decides to go all apple about things and wipe itself then you lose it all, at least the SD is safe from that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the aple does all sorts of lovely things, but it is just another load of toss for brand suckers.

Does the Samsung have a 9" screen?

You can make it whatever you want. But that's adding more cost is it not?

The iPad can be backed up to iTunes. Does the Samsung have a facility where everything is backed up quickly? I've never had anything 'Go all Apple' and delete everything. But that's probably something you heard once and now have deemed fact.

It's not just for 'brand suckers' at all. It is by far the best tablet on the market. It's also very good value for money. The 7" screens are massively cheaper, yet the prices are very similar.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Samsung is with GSM, iTouch XL equivalent would be 529.

LOLLLERRUBBISH

Just watch the review of the Galaxy Tab on Gizmodo. I played with a pre-production unit a Samsung rep showed me and was told it wouldn't be jerky when web browsing. Clearly the guy was lying.

Also iPod Touch XL? So that would make the Galaxy Tab a Galaxy S L (notice no X due to its undersized screen). Also Samsung have showed off a Galaxy Tab with an AMOLED in it making the current one obsolete already.

Love how the Apple haters scramble around their life basically trying to buy anything BUT Apple. Slagging off Apple products and wanking off over inferior copies that simply imitate everything Apple does.

Listerine & Poledo
Love how the Apple haters scramble around their life basically trying to buy anything BUT Apple. Slagging off Apple products and wanking off over inferior copies that simply imitate everything Apple does.

Conversely, the immediate jump to the defense of their beloved rectangels amuses me.

As for iThings wiping themselves, this is well documented and know enough people who have had it happen to themselves,

Ultimately, I still dont see the point in tablets at all.. .well, most of them. There's a laqtop/tablet hybrid out there which does actually make some sense

Conversely, the immediate jump to the defense of their beloved rectangels amuses me.

It's not an immediate defense. It's an immediate desire to lol at f**king idiots who think they're cool by hating Apple products, but loving their clones. iPhone comes out. Don't like that. Brain washed fools. Substandard clone comes out. Love that. Much better. iPad comes out. Brainwashed fools. More expensive inferior clone comes out. Love that. Ad infinitum ad nauseum. STFU.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Get one, I picked mine up last week!

Looking forward for the 4.2 release in a couple of days!

I'm tempted too.
My (original) mac mini is dying, and I don't really want a desktop, If I had a laptop it'd have to be a macbook as I cannot stand windows, but that'd be probably too expensive for what I'd use it for; ie; not much.

iPad's aren't exactly cheap either though so I don't know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I love everything apple and hate windows. I'm one of the cool kids.

Never above 25mpg
Love the ipad but wouldn't really find a use for it! Samsung is nice, quite responsive, had a quick play on it in Tesco but the iPad definitely is a better looking device.

SchwepTek™
Whats the new 4.2 going to offer?

I'm loving my iPad, and its got me wanting a new MBA aswell!

4.2 brings iPad up to speed like the iPhone.

So folders, multitasking, etc + airplay and airprint for streaming video/audio and printing wirelessly.

When is os 4.2 coming out?

The folders will be a big help over having 6 screens of apps.

I tried the samsung, quite liked it but was too small a screen for me.

Just wish ipad had flash and also didnt take me to the mobile version of sites

Dont buy it until that feature is confirmed, lots of rumours about it being removed.
Think i will hang fire until i know for sure Tom, the wireless print feature would be very useful for me :)

Hopefully the iPad owners on here will shed light on it once they have the update :)

When is os 4.2 coming out?

The folders will be a big help over having 6 screens of apps.

I tried the samsung, quite liked it but was too small a screen for me.

Just wish ipad had flash and also didnt take me to the mobile version of sites

There is an app which allows you to play flash.