ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad - Do i or don't i?

One question,

I'm thinking of getting my mum an iPad, but she plays a lot of those silly games on facebook which are mostly flash based like farmville and such like crap.

Will these work on the ipad or is there apps for them or that kind of thing?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
i mentioned it in my post. called frash. google it. just installed it and its buggy as hell so have just done a restore of the iPad and wont be bothering with flash. hardly miss it anyway tbh

Its called Skyfire, but think you've missed the boat as it was taken down from the App Store. Works really well though.

[YOUTUBE]RWwbjTZ3nZo[/YOUTUBE]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No it hasn't, and it doesn't play flash. It transcodes SOME flash video into mp4.

Its actually a bit rubbish.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Don't get an iPad now, wait until the second generation of iPad if you must, OR get an 11 inch MBa.

Surely getting an MBA which costs twice as much and isn't a tablet defeats the object? Also don't get the 2nd generation and it will be worth waiting for the 3rd generation...

They had to announce the first one early because of FCC regulations etc. Things get out into the public domain a lot easier with new products. Same when they announced the original iPhone. That was done at Macworld in Jan but wasn't released until June. Now nothing is mentioned (officially) until a few weeks before it's out.

But as this is an update, there won't be any info until April time.

One question,

I'm thinking of getting my mum an iPad, but she plays a lot of those silly games on facebook which are mostly flash based like farmville and such like crap.

Will these work on the ipad or is there apps for them or that kind of thing?
So would the games she plays on Facebook not work on the iPad? Is there separate apps for the likes of farmville and the like?

Also don't get the 2nd generation and it will be worth waiting for the 3rd generation...

Exactly. I should be getting one in a few weeks, loads of people have said 'why don't you just wait for iPad 2?', but surely they could just as easily say 'why don't you wait for iPad 3?' six months later! It's not as though Apple products ever drop significantly in price near the next launch anyhow, so not really losing out financially.

At some point you've got to just jump in, I'm still using an iPhone 3G and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Never above 25mpg
Exactly. I should be getting one in a few weeks, loads of people have said 'why don't you just wait for iPad 2?', but surely they could just as easily say 'why don't you wait for iPad 3?' six months later! It's not as though Apple products ever drop significantly in price near the next launch anyhow, so not really losing out financially.

At some point you've got to just jump in, I'm still using an iPhone 3G and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Don't EVER let anybody let you use a 3GS or 4 while you still have it...

Don't EVER let anybody let you use a 3GS or 4 while you still have it...

I've played with both plenty, aside from a few weeks when one of the updates was released and the 3G went stupidly slow, it's perfectly fine, been the best free phone on a £30 contract I've ever had. Upgrade not till July next year but I imagine the iPad will take over 75% of my iPhone use anyway.

Never above 25mpg
I've played with both plenty, aside from a few weeks when one of the updates was released and the 3G went stupidly slow, it's perfectly fine, been the best free phone on a £30 contract I've ever had. Upgrade not till July next year but I imagine the iPad will take over 75% of my iPhone use anyway.

Yeah I've been contemplating an iPad but my laptop goes nowhere and I now have a 4 so there's no point really.

3G was awesome when I had it. Best £200 ish I'd ever spent on a phone!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
iPad is brilliant for when watching the game and want a quick surf without firing the MacBook up. Like Now. So glad I got one. Especially the price :)

Had a play with the galaxy tab yesterday in the earphone warehouse and was surprised how poor it is

172 cup
im looking at buying an ipad just for browsing the net thats all ill be doing on it and maybe using the occasional app is it worth me buying one any help would be great cheers

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Multi tasking and folders!

Bit disappointed with the "airplay" function though - I was under the assumption that you could stream from the Mac to the iPad ... oh and I can't get the "Airprint" to work either - probably just some tweaking needed I guess.

I bit the bullet and got a 32GB last week. Got my friend to bring me one back from America.

I didnt have it out of my hand for nearly a week, but now i havent really used it due to doing mainly web design on my laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Multi tasking and folders!

Bit disappointed with the "airplay" function though - I was under the assumption that you could stream from the Mac to the iPad

It's currently only mac/iOS to apple tv 2, I'm not sure how convenient it'd be streaming from mac to->iPad as you'd have to initiate the AirPlay viewing from the mac. Sounds like you want iTunes home sharing on the iPad in reality.

Technically making an iPad/iPhone AirPlay client is a piece of piss, a third party would never get an app through apples submission process though.