ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

False prophet. Do you even know the history of Apple? Not having a go, I agree with you in principle, but you're talking s**t. IMO.

Listerine & Poledo
He was there, then he left, then he came back. Hallelujah etc.

I know enough to know I don't care enoguh to care.

Semantics aside, you know it's what's going to happen, without Jobs steering the ship, it's only going one direction.....

...do apple have shareholders? Actual question.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
But it couldn't really ever win with him either. That's kinda what made them great. I think they've shed the "startup" vibe they once had. But they still make products that suit my needs best.

The day they stop is the day I move on.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Don't think there's enough of a size difference to the normal iPad if what they're bringing out is really going to be an 8 inch. They'll still sell whatever they tell people to buy though.

Does anyone think iPad Mini will sport Retina? I read that it won't, but then I got thinking that perhaps it's unlikely that Apple would release any brand new products that don't.

Thoughts?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Does anyone think iPad Mini will sport Retina? I read that it won't, but then I got thinking that perhaps it's unlikely that Apple would release any brand new products that don't.

Thoughts?

It would give them a reason to make it cheaper than the iPod Touch.

Listerine & Poledo
It depends on the price point I guess.

Also they'll want to keep some features back to keep the iPad "Proper" as the one to have, I'd imagine.

Why make the cheaper one as good as the expensive one. That'd be like having a 350hp Ecoboost Focus 1ltr

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Depends on its aspect ratio.

Probably temporarily not retina as the iPad 4th Gen would be widescreen too?

If its 4:3 it will run the iPad 2 res. if its 16:9, who knows?

4:3 would avoid fragmentation so that makes more sense from a developer point of view.

AK

M240i

Thoughts?

I'd say it would.

Isn't it easier to do on a smaller screen anyway?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If its 4:3 it would need to run the same res as the iPad but in an 8 inch screen. Thats some serious pixel density; 320ppi, which puts it up there with iPhone 5.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Indeed, would certainly justify the cost. I don't think any tablet that size runs that kind of res.

The A6 would easily cope with that judging by some of the tests done on the GPU(s)

I'm still using iPad Poo, so I I think I will actually keep a keen eye on this. Has to be retina though, or I'm out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
When would you use one if you have the iPad and the iPhone? Less bulk to carry around when mobile but still want better than the phone.

Crazy but I guess still a niche to fill.

Blimey. Did Jobs abuse you as a child or something?

It's a common pattern. The disbelievers going so far out of their way to a prove a point against people who are just happy using great products. You seem like a reasonable, intelligent guy. Surely you get the irony?

OR are we being troweled? Hmmmm ;) x

AK

M240i
I'm getting one. Will use it for commuting. The iPad was just that little bit too big, lol.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I would say so! I will be definately looking at them IF they arrive, but depends on price really.

Abarth 595
What sort of price do you think these will start at? Surely no more than about £200 assuming they want to compete with nexus7/kindle fire.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well the iPod touch is more expensive than that. And its not going to undercut that is it.

I'd imagine they will still be a fair bit more expensive than the other devices. It's Apple after all.

Bit of an odd comment, especially as the iPad is so reasonably priced. But in this case you are probably right.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't see how they intend to compete if it doesn't. PPI will be quite high with a 7.85 screen using the ipad 2 res at 163 (Nexus 7 is 215). So maybe not.

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm getting one. Will use it for commuting. The iPad was just that little bit too big, lol.

I think that's what they'll be mostly used for.

The iPad is portable enough to carry in a bag, take on holiday and use around the house. Like a more convenient laptop in that sense. But for a daily commute it's bigger than you need.

A mini iPad could be ideal for an hours train journey each way or something similar.

133/225/CLS AMG
Good shout, let me know if it's good.

I've got the previous one and it's spot on but I could be tempted by the new one in the new year. :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If its £200 or less I'll be getting one. Been holding out to buy one until the Mini was released.

2014 Clio 200t edc
There was a screenshot allegedly of the apple store just after it went live with iPhone 5 that shows ipad from £249.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Found it.
EC643A00-9528-497B-9041-797EC0C220E2-1838-00000112B1FA8A59.gif