ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

133/225/CLS AMG
I love the way they show the leaked images like they're going to surprise us in how it looks!!!

Unless they make it triangular with a hologram projecting screen it's going to look like a big iPhone/small iPad haha.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks good actually! But it wouldn't compete with the nexus, it'd be much more expensive.

133/225/CLS AMG
As with most things Apple it'll be expensive which will appeal to some and put plenty off.

Personally though, I love my iPad and if I was in the market for a smaller tablet would definitely try out the mini iPad.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Looks good actually! But it wouldn't compete with the nexus, it'd be much more expensive.

Well it will, it will just be more expensive.

Quite a lot more by the looks of things. £349 i reckon.

133/225/CLS AMG
Quite a lot more by the looks of things. £349 i reckon.

You're probably right although you'd like to think the cost would slot in below the iPad but I doubt it will. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not along the same scale as the iPad.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well the iPod touch is £250. So its not likely to be cheaper.

133/225/CLS AMG
Exactly! Plus they still sell iPhones off tariff at crazy prices so it'll probably be priced alongside the normal iPad.

BG 182
not sure i see the need? I've had a MBP and iPhones since 2008, I've only just got an iPad as i wasnt sure an ipad would have a place, but i couldnt have been more wrong. i use all 3 just as much as each other.

The mini is for people who think the ipad is too big, which it isnt IMO.

Anyone on here with iMac/Macbook, ipad and iphone think they could have a place for a mini?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So an iPhone then?

I'd love to say apple take the utter piss with things like this but the reality is - they'll sell millions.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
not sure i see the need? I've had a MBP and iPhones since 2008, I've only just got an iPad as i wasnt sure an ipad would have a place, but i couldnt have been more wrong. i use all 3 just as much as each other.

The mini is for people who think the ipad is too big, which it isnt IMO.

Anyone on here with iMac/Macbook, ipad and iphone think they could have a place for a mini?

I'm amazed you use all three as much as the other tbh. Since buying my iPad I mainly use my iPhone for calls and hardly ever use my PC.

I'm staggered by how good the iPad is tbh.

BG 182
my macbook is my 'Hub' for downloads, photo/file/music management, then ipad for browsing etc on sofa, iPhone for when im out of the house or if missus has ipad in hand.

surely its the same for most people

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
my macbook is my 'Hub' for downloads, photo/file/music management, then ipad for browsing etc on sofa, iPhone for when im out of the house or if missus has ipad in hand.

surely its the same for most people

I tend not to do much downloading, editing etc on my PC. I'm a IT consultant by trade so after spending all day, everyday on my works laptop I've had enough.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I really don't see the need for an iPad. I use my iPhone when I'm out and my MBP when I'm at home.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I really don't see the need for an iPad. I use my iPhone when I'm out and my MBP when I'm at home.

You'd be surprised.

I'd bet serious money that for 99% of browsing you'd use the iPad instead of the MBP.

I was dubious before I bought one.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
You'd be surprised.

I'd bet serious money that for 99% of browsing you'd use the iPad instead of the MBP.

I was dubious before I bought one.
The thing is, I wouldn't buy one because I've got a MBP and that I don't think I'd use it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The thing is, I wouldn't buy one because I've got a MBP and that I don't think I'd use it.

Fair enough mate, I be surprised if it didn't replace your MBP for basic general usage.

I used to use my work laptop for personal use, now I wouldn't even consider it. Pervious to getting the iPad I was of a similar opinion to yourself.

I'm sure others will be along to comment shortly.

Lol I dont even use a laptop anymore, really cant be arsed with it so iPad gets used %100 of the time for me.

Listerine & Poledo
Apple, the electronic Audi.

"We could make a product that fits in between our other products that has no real purpose"
Go on
"and charge handsomely for it!"
Genius, what do you suggest.
"see this iPod touch, see how it's too small to do anything with"
apart from how it's the size of an iPhone and millions get along just fine with tha.......
"shhhh, shhh. No, wait. See this iPad, and how it's too big to go in a pocket"
but, it's not designed to go in a pocket,. it's a premium, lifest......
"ssshhh!!! No, you see, if we make something that's not as good as either of them at anything but it's got a partially-eaten apple on the back of it.... eh?"
can we build them on the piss cheap, out of North Korean sweatshops?
"well, duh!"
SOLD!

Apple have announced their latest product, aimed at sucking money out of the pockets of the fantastically needy.

Listerine & Poledo
So you won't be getting one then? lol

I'd get an iPad.
I'd get an iPhone

I'd probably even get a macbook if I was in the market and had an excess of disposable funds to buy all my programmes all over again

but a semiPad? Surely it's just for people who can't afford a proper one?

Listerine & Poledo
As if that's a problem any more.

Now they can really crack on with flooding the market with 1001 niche products and coining it in from every direction.

iPhone Lite? £200 on pre-pay, same spec as an £80 LG?

Never above 25mpg
I think the concept is not so bad. Would be better marketed as an iBook reader?

Wonder if they'll do an update on the normal iPad too?

AK

M240i
They're rumouring $200 on some sites. As Tom says, I can't see how that's possible when the iPod Touch is floating around about that price at the minute.

Last edited:
As if that's a problem any more.

Now they can really crack on with flooding the market with 1001 niche products and coining it in from every direction.

iPhone Lite? £200 on pre-pay, same spec as an £80 LG?

You're wrong. That attitude will kill Apple. I hope that is not their post-Steve legacy. It will kill them.

Listerine & Poledo
They're just any other multi-national now, without their false prophet to steer them away from it, they'll be hunting out every dollar possible.

Mark my words