ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I love the idea, but i would need i player etc to work on it! I hate netbooks etc there too slow. The ipad is perfect for browsing
iplayer does work on it..... i have it on my iphone, plus you've got tvcatchup for live tv.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Good thing about the iPhone is being able to hold it with two hands and type with them both. I doubt this would work on the iPad with the size of it, and holding it with one hand, and typing with the other would get tiresome
i've read good things about being able to type very fast on them from people who have them, so it doesn't seem to be an issue from those reports

Gash...It’s just another money making P.O.S that can only browse the internet. Just get an IPhone.. If you’re after something small and for browsing the internet, get a Toshiba NC10, perfect for looking around the net and can anything else that you will ever need it to do!

SLK 350
I'd like to see some benchmarks between the iPad and the Acer Ferrari, I reckon the Acer to be a much more capable and better spec'd machine - only annoying thing is that it too lacks HDMI.

Plenty of quick Netbooks around these days, that you can make things on and not just view.

I'd like to see some benchmarks between the iPad and the Acer Ferrari, I reckon the Acer to be a much more capable and better spec'd machine - only annoying thing is that it too lacks HDMI.

Plenty of quick Netbooks around these days, that you can make things on and not just view.

Dude, I understand where you're coming from but do you think your opinion will matter? Apple have proven that their design and innovation can win over the masses. I think, deep down, you know it will prove to be a massive success. IMO your arguments are classic ammo to be used when it is a success. Much like the anti-iPhone hatred from anti-fanboys.

Do I need to add a smiley to show I'm not being aggressive? Probably, but f**k you.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Ill buy one depending on the newspapers that come onboard. I get The Times delivered to my Kindle every day & weekend for just £15 a month but you dont get any pictures which accompany the articles if your not in the US.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ill buy one depending on the newspapers that come onboard. I get The Times delivered to my Kindle every day & weekend for just £15 a month but you dont get any pictures which accompany the articles if your not in the US.

Gutted you bought a kindle? Still dont get E book readers? £150 to read a book?

CBA reading all the pages.

What would be the difference in buy a US one now, and waiting for the UK version?

Do we have any UK prices?

Nothing, only the excessive cost of getting one from eBay or one of those places that let you use their US address.

No official UK prices yet. I'm guessing £399 for the 16GB wifi version.

dk

911 GTS Cab
f**king annoying beyond belief, s**t review, plus half that stuff won't be available for us anyway. The yanks always get the better stuff.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Gutted you bought a kindle? Still dont get E book readers? £150 to read a book?

Nope not gutted. Bought it at Christmas knowing the Ipad was on the horizon but i love it. I dont read books so its used solely for my daily newspaper. Only downside is the lack of grapics/pics outside the US, if they sorted that end of things out it would be fantastic but you do miss the abillity to check some things online while using it.

Tappd'd RS
I can't decide whether to get one or not.

Interesting to see what iPhone OS 4.0 bring and what it will bring to the iPad.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So today I had a play with an iPad, I'm getting one, without a doubt, simply sublime.

Perfect weight and size, very fast, love the photo setup pinching in and out of albums.

That is all

Fiat Panda 100hp
So today I had a play with an iPad, I'm getting one, without a doubt, simply sublime.

Perfect weight and size, very fast, love the photo setup pinching in and out of albums.

That is all

Are you in the States again DK?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nope, my boss had one this morning, no idea how he got it but he had two and offered one to the managers, the first one who said yes got it, for free, b*****d.

Had a nice case too, it really is as good as the hype though, it's a joy to use.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No sorry, only had it in my hands for a few mins, would have looked a dock taking pics of one really, especially considering they are already everywhere.

He was also showing a video of me from 18 months ago in peru trying to squeeze into a wetsuit for whitewater rafting, was the first time i'd seen it and it was piss funny, looked like a sack of spuds!

The story goes that he gave our ops director a challenge to make him the first person in the country to have one, think the company paid for it lol

I refuse to believe it's a joy to use. We all know Apple products are pointless fashion accessories that people only buy because they look good.

No different to any other tablet.

Giant iPhone.

Don't think I've missed anything.

EDIT: Oh oh! No multitasking. Rrrrrrrrubbirsh!!!1

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
think it will have multitasking by the sounds of iphoneOS4 doesn't change the fatc it's a giant itouch

Cupra
I refuse to believe it's a joy to use. We all know Apple products are pointless fashion accessories that people only buy because they look good.

No different to any other tablet.

Giant iPhone.

Don't think I've missed anything.

EDIT: Oh oh! No multitasking. Rrrrrrrrubbirsh!!!1

The inside view seems to confirm your theory. ;)

jjps1h.png