ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

dk

911 GTS Cab
the 64 gb one can be had off ebay for £600 even with infated prices.

i don't want to buy one now though incase there is a recall.

Cupra
Just get the wifi version and then turn your phone into a wifi hotspot to access the internet when you are out? Saves some cash. :D

I think 3G is super pointless for the iPad.

I can't imagine any situations where I would need to use 3G but wouldn't already have my iPhone in my pocket.

EDIT: Although I suppose it would be a super awesome in-car toy for passengers on long trips. That's one situation then TBH.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
i think about £400 for 16gb, £500 for 32gb and £600 for 32gb

Dont know wether i want wifi and 3g, always be thinking if i just bought the wifi "Wish i had 3g as well" i think...

The other reason is that the 3G models are the only ones with GPS, which will probably open up some interesting future apps.

I think 3G is super pointless for the iPad.

I can't imagine any situations where I would need to use 3G but wouldn't already have my iPhone in my pocket.

EDIT: Although I suppose it would be a super awesome in-car toy for passengers on long trips. That's one situation then TBH.

There is already someone who has mounted one in his car dash. There is a vid on YT.

Sack paying £500 for one, £300 and I'd be tempted.

There is already someone who has mounted one in his car dash. There is a vid on YT.

Sack paying £500 for one, £300 and I'd be tempted.

Ja. Saw that.

I was thinking more along the lines of a handheld in-car toy for passengers to mess around with. Maybe watch a TV show with headphones and/or surf Cliosport. That's about the only added value of 3G IMO. It's not like I'm going to carry an iPad around.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm guessing no more than £399 for the entry level iPad and I have my cash ready and waiting.

Ja. Saw that.

I was thinking more along the lines of a handheld in-car toy for passengers to mess around with. Maybe watch a TV show with headphones and/or surf Cliosport. That's about the only added value of 3G IMO. It's not like I'm going to carry an iPad around.

I'd only ever have mine at home, bedroom/lounge etc, so 3G doesn't bother me. Can't wait to have a shot of one though

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have no need for a 3G version so the wifi 16gb will be perfect. I mainly want it as a pick up and use web browser for at home.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd be surprised if the entry model was more than £400, it becomes very difficult to justify over a well specced netbook or laptop then.

Cupra
Cracking idea!

Can only be done on jailbroken phones?

On the iPhone yes. MyWi is the app from Cydia. There are free alternatives for Nokia etc.

The downside is that it eats battery in no time, but you aren't likely to be browsing for a couple of hours anyway.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
ok i have one in my hand, just uploaded a few apps to it, to see how it runs. cod zomibie lite and a few others. It's good. The videos (when encoded properly) are decent and the screen is lovely. Internet browsing is a breeze (albeit identical to iphone in ever way), picture viewing is smooth and the pinch features are good. For me the most important thing is reading/comic book reading. So i installed my comic book app on it and my hopes were confirmed. Comics look amazing on there.

As i've said before, the only thing it misses from my perspective/uses is adobe flash player. Although it uses html5 beta for you tube which is a nice touch.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Apple today released the following statement:
Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week, demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks as more people see and touch an iPad™. We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April.
Faced with this surprisingly strong US demand, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the international launch of iPad by one month, until the end of May. We will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders on Monday, May 10. We know that many international customers waiting to buy an iPad will be disappointed by this news, but we hope they will be pleased to learn the reason—the iPad is a runaway success in the US thus far.

indeed, too many orders or a problem the'd like to solve before they take it out of US beta testing ;)

Tappd'd RS
Did you get one Ben?

I'm interested to see if you'll be able to get one on an 18 month 3G contract and save some cash on the purchase price.

Looks like the US 3G deals are rolling monthly contracts.

Not to sure on the warranty side of things. If i buy US, can i take it back to a UK store?

Vodafone are supporting the iPad with our sim cards, but we arent actually stocking the iPad, it will still be purchased through apple, but with our sim card.

Tappd'd RS
Not to sure on the warranty side of things. If i buy US, can i take it back to a UK store?

Vodafone are supporting the iPad with our sim cards, but we arent actually stocking the iPad, it will still be purchased through apple, but with our sim card.

I'm not sure about the warranty question.

Hopefully O2 or another network will have them on contract. I'll be steering clear of the 3G version if it's not discounted by a 18 month contract.

-
Tbh I really dont see the point. Very easy to use though.

I just got the impression when the novelty wears off it will drop in price dramatically.