ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Christopher said:
No point in the 3G version, for personal use, IMO.

Unless you need it to be portable, for business/meetings etc, then I'd bet 90% of iPads will stay in peoples houses, as a browsing/entertainment device.

Unless you want gps, only the 3g versions have gps.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think it's a bit large to be a useful gps device so the wifi version will be ideal if I buy one.

I have to decide if I'll order a iPad tomorrow or keep the cash for the new iPhone next month.

Formally Clio 182
I'm not completely sold on the iPad tbh.

I really don't understand why it is so popular in the US?

Tappd'd RS
If you pre-order on Apple's website tomorrow, is it delivery job or can you pick up in store?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely.

Oh, and the same matter the my Apple Cinema Display will be delivered tomorrow... I can't blow more money on fruit until July now.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ipads in the store to order now, both models

can't decide whether to order one or see what price i can get it through work, want one asap.

32gb wifi one for me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ah f**k it, bought the 32gb wifi one, hope i don't need more space, already using about 30 gb on my iphone.

just thought about the wifi too, we won't get free bt openzone i doubt will we as its not a contract one, that would have been nice.

Audi S1
Tbh the memory wouldn't bother me, I wouldn't use it for storage. Just a niffy gadget to have for surfing the net.

Would love one, but I really do not need it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
guess it depends if i sync my music onto it, suppose i won't as its all on my iphone anyway and i can't use this with my bose dock, so i should have a shed load of space.

bought the case too, boss has it and its a very nice case.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'll probably get a 32GB one also, but I'll wait until I can get it with company discount.

ah f**k it, bought the 32gb wifi one, hope i don't need more space, already using about 30 gb on my iphone.

just thought about the wifi too, we won't get free bt openzone i doubt will we as its not a contract one, that would have been nice.

It'll ask for a phone number, just use your iPhone one.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It'll ask for a phone number, just use your iPhone one.
does that actually work?

i tried the same with my laptop when i was in a hotel, logged into the o2 part of openzone and put my phone number in and it wouldn't connect, authentication failure. didn't know whether it just knew or whether it just happened to be down at the time for new logins as my phone worked. also didn't know whether it checked the browser being used?

I'm not sure, but I've used it on my old 2G when I didn't have a proper data account. Just used Tom's number to get the wifi! Lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My one reason for wanting a iPad is for browsing the web so I have decided to forget about it for now and continue to use my 13" MBP. Once the iPad offers more that I will use I'll reconsider.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Same here tbh, my monies are focused on the iPhone HD (or whatever its called)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
On the initial login to openzone they check the mac address to see if it's already in the database, if it isn't then you have to enter the telephone number of a valid iPhone account to verify that you should have access. From then on, your mac address is used for authentication.

You can reset your mac address with a text or via a web page. (it'll ask you for your phone number again next time you connect).

I'd imagine they also do a sanity check to check that the mac address is in the apple allocation too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
just received this from a distributor, seems i couldn't have ordered one yet anyway, glad i went with applestore.

Dear Reseller.

We’ve had lot of calls today regarding the release of iPad and whether you’ll be able to buy these through distribution.

The official line is as follows:

iPad will not be available through distribution in Phase 1 (first 3-6 months)

The iPad is only being sold through: Apple store, Apple online, Apple inline stores (Applestores in Department stores) & nominated APRs

We are hoping that the iPad will be opened up to the rest of the channel in phase 2

dk

911 GTS Cab
On the initial login to openzone they check the mac address to see if it's already in the database, if it isn't then you have to enter the telephone number of a valid iPhone account to verify that you should have access. From then on, your mac address is used for authentication.

You can reset your mac address with a text or via a web page. (it'll ask you for your phone number again next time you connect).

I'd imagine they also do a sanity check to check that the mac address is in the apple allocation too.
interesting stuff, answers that then!

Revels Mum & Sister
See I want one of these and I am not sure why! They are awesome but I just feel that I would not use it. It was a toss up between this and a Slipper clutch for my Fireblade. Clutch won.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
think i'll wait till the 6/7 android/ms equivalents hit the market later this year..

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
My dad lives in the states and brought his over last month and as much as i wanted it to be pointless it is rather nice. Surfing the net and typing is a million times easier than the iphone. Really nice to read things like the paper and books on. Didn't strain my eyes at all. Awsome for videos as well and from fiddling battery life was pretty good. Its not really fair to compare it to a laptop because its not one. However i came in wanting it to be bad but i wouldn't mind having one. However i think i will wait out until they come up with a stylus to go with it so it can be a pad of paper as well.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
it'll never have a stylus, you can just use your finger to draw stuff.... which it can already do