ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm waiting to see one hands-on, that's the decider. Trouble is I'm contenplating a Gaming-PC upgrade or home server installation as well. (£££)

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
it'll never have a stylus, you can just use your finger to draw stuff.... which it can already do

I hope it does. i feel that is what they should be aiming for. Basically the only pad of paper you'll ever need. Its not the same using your finger you can't get the accuracy.
It would be awsome for meetings/lectures etc where you can have a presentation up on it and make notes there and then on it. Save them all, never loose notes, sketch things out. it makes a far neater package to carry around than a tablet pc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Well on pre-order day I ordered a 64GB Wifi + 3g.. I don't really need it but I love my gadgets :D

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Guys, quick question. Would there be any issues bringing an iPad over from the States (wi-fi only) and using it here? My parents are there now and I'm seriously contemplating asking them to bring one back.

(I did search the thread but couldn't see if it was asked already)

Tappd'd RS
Other than the wrong AC adapter I can't see many problems.

I think the AppStore doesn't work on iPads in the UK yet although when they come out in the UK then this should be resolved. Easy enough to download apps on your computer and then sync it.

Cheers

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Cheers. I've asked. They are only there for a few more days though so I'm not sure if they will have the spare cash.

Tappd'd RS
I got an e-mail from Apple this morning telling me my iPad had been shipped.

Fingers crossed it might arrive earlier thank Friday!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Really, I ordered mine 30 mins after they were available and mine is still showing as not shipped.

Wonder whether the delivery company will be asked to hold it and deliver on a certain day (i.e. Friday) or just deliver them.

Guess it's not so important as they are already launched in the us.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ooohhh, just checked my order and its also shipped today, no email though.

tracking number isn't yet either, be fun if it arrives monday.

I need to be in the office when it arrives otherwise my funny work colleague b******s will hide it from me and tell me it didn't arrive!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I can't wait to use the f1 timing app on it at the next race, it's already appearing in iTunes as an ipad app.

I saw jake had in last weekend at monaco, bet he was using it for that too.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I can't wait to use the f1 timing app on it at the next race, it's already appearing in iTunes as an ipad app.

I saw jake had in last weekend at monaco, bet he was using it for that too.

He was, he mentioned it on Twitter yesterday.

Guys, quick question. Would there be any issues bringing an iPad over from the States (wi-fi only) and using it here? My parents are there now and I'm seriously contemplating asking them to bring one back.

(I did search the thread but couldn't see if it was asked already)

No. Had one for a month and it works fine. As said the App store is now open in the UK but that wasn't a major issue as we just loaded them via Apple Store before.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
N-rated Wi-Fi has a huge range anyway. I can work out in my garden on the MBP, and the router's on the third floor! I just don't see the point in the 3G version for personal use... if you're a business user it makes more sense. But then, you'd already have an iPhone. lol.

Anyone know if Apple stores are opening early or anything? Planning on going upto Solihull and got no idea what time I should turn up

Tesla MP3 2021
Stupid question but can I get exell and word on this?

I don't think so.

But if it's anything like the iPhone you can open the documents

Indeed.

It will be able to open/view the documents but you will need an App to edit one. Not sure if one currently exists. No doubt there will be one for the iPad in the near future if there isnt.

Indeed.

It will be able to open/view the documents but you will need an App to edit one. Not sure if one currently exists. No doubt there will be one for the iPad in the near future if there isnt.

If it can do that then I think they'd sell more. Its probably the only thing holding me back.

I'd also miss photoshop etc..

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ahh bum,

I would only buy one if I could have word and excell on where I can use, not just view.

Why do apple always miss obvious stuff off, ahh!

Tesla MP3 2021
Well the iPad is more of a word processor in that you can use it to type up docs etc etc.

Maybe there is an existing if not planned App to allow full use of an excel sheet.

EDIT...

There you go, Krispwee beat me to it, was just about to visit the apple site.

Just had a quick look at the numbers page.. So you can create a spreadsheet on the iPad, then either hook it up to the PC, or email it, and view/edit it in Excel?

And same with a Word doc?

Well according to PC Mag review

PCMag said:
Numbers packs a surprising amount of power into a tablet-scaled spreadsheet. Home and casual users will have no trouble building and using basic arithmetic-based worksheets for budget and similar uses, while advanced users get a useful set of engineering, financial, trigonometric, and logical functions, among others. The tablet-based version of Numbers takes a few minutes to get used to, because features that you expect to find on a menu are available instead from the onscreen keyboard, but after a few seconds, you'll have no trouble.

So looks like you definately can create. Same with Pages and Keynote. Not sure if you can save in the correct format though but I would be amazed if you couldn't (eg .doc etc)

It also says that yes you can email your docs, sync with iTunes or use Apple cloud system

<3 @ sneeks for finding me that :)