ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 12

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yup portrait mode was one of the main reasons, the wife’s SE was taking far better pics of him than my 8.

Plus night mode when I had the pro was great, need to try it out properly on the mini to make sure the lack of lidar isn’t too much of a shitter (no night mode portrait on the mini:( ).

It was funny after having the 12 pro for a week or so then going back to the 8 I’d already got used to no home button and kept swiping for stuff instinctively.

Still prefer the rounded edges of the older models though, the squared off ones look nicer, but the rounded ones felt better imo.

Mini Cooper S sport
^ I’m enjoying your thought process on this!! Hate to say it but you’re thinking like a woman :unsure: 🤭 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

“Police officers are appealing for witnesses after £5 million of Apple products were stolen from a lorry during a robbery on the M1 motorway in Northamptonshire.

The incident took place on the southbound slip road at Junction 18 of the M1, between 7.45pm and 8pm on Tuesday, November 10, when the lorry driver and security guard were targeted and tied up.

The lorry was driven to Eldon Close in Crick, where the offenders transferred the trailer on to an awaiting truck, and drove off leaving the lorry driver and security guard behind.”

Well if anyone hears of a cheap one for sale, let me know 😂😂😂

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I really want a gold 12 pro max...

Can’t really justify it, there’s nothing wrong with my XR.

NEW SHINY THINGS THOUGH.

If you’re not desperate for the multiple cameras (which, admittedly, are cool), then I’d wait. 2nd gen 5G modem will be more efficient and probably get better megapixies in the cameras.

I pretty much turned off the 5G part as soon as I set it up, the closest place to me which has it is Leeds and I rarely venture over that way. The lidar sensor is cool, we are looking at using point clouds for surveys with work so outputting the various files to software is a novelty at the moment.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well after weeks of waiting and calling O2 shops almost every week my phone finally turned up.

Not had time to open it yet but went for the following.

£650 Up Front
7 Month Contract
90gb , Free calls & Texts

So now have the Xs, 11 Pro & 12 Pro

7d43bc12-f46c-4a44-9f68-686d0651cf30.JPG

Bmw 330d
I would like to have a max but its just too big IMO
I’ve always thought that in the past about the Max’s but I’d never look back now. So much easier for reading, videos, can see more of the good quality images I’m taking but without being enormous to the point where it doesn’t fit in my pocket.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Finally got the mini out the box and setup tonight.

I’m coming from an 8 and had a 12 pro for a week and a bit before sending it back.

First impressions are it feels tiny!

With the squared edges it really felt like the old 5/5S/SE, but unlike the 12pro that felt awkward to hold with them the mini is great.

Will see what the battery is like tomorrow after a charge overnight, as long as I can get a day out of it I’ll be happy, the 8 can currently last me 2 days so think I’ll be fine there.

It is smaller than the 8, screen is roughly the same width (maybe a Mm or two in it), but it’s got more height to it whilst being physically shorter than the 8.

For how I use the phone the mini is far better for me than the regular size.

All that said, I just picked up my 8 and it felt nicer in the hand, and the screen whilst having the bezels/home button almost feels nicer.

I’m wondering/hoping it’s just familiarity that is making me think that, will see in a few days!

Main reason for upgrade was to have a nicer camera for pics of the little one.

Great review, thank you.

How you finding it after a few days usage? Battery life adequate?

The battery capacity on my 8 is 77% so pretty shot. Still lasts me a day though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Still say it doesn’t feel like a huge upgrade because of the size, but it is.

Battery wise, I took it off charge yesterday about 9am maybe, it’s currently still on 43% but I’ve not used it much.

Still feels tiny, and when I’ve got it sat next to my work SE (2020 model) on my desk it looks like it should be the lesser model, but it’s nice having the ‘full’ screen and the cameras are so much better (my main reason for upgrading from the 8).

I found the 12 Pro Max to be only slightly larger than my old XR. Still messing about with the lidar sensor, definitely some better apps than others when it comes to the quality of the capture.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I found the 12 Pro Max to be only slightly larger than my old XR. Still messing about with the lidar sensor, definitely some better apps than others when it comes to the quality of the capture.

Yeah, it's only 3mm wider, which is really the only measurement that counts tbh. Everybody blowing their minds about how big it is... I barely notice lol.

The best I've found so far is the laanlabs one but it's not very stable when models get massive.

Yeah, it's only 3mm wider, which is really the only measurement that counts tbh. Everybody blowing their minds about how big it is... I barely notice lol.

The best I've found so far is the laanlabs one but it's not very stable when models get massive.

Yeah I have that one and another called "Polycam" which seems to provide decent quality meshes. Annoying that most want a subscription for exporting a point cloud over the mesh but meh.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mobiles.co.uk have the 12 pro for:

£600 + 24 x £26 for 30GB/Unlimited calls and data on Vodafone. Plus they are offering £350 for my XS on trade in.

Have others found better deals? I was/am waiting for BF but with stock fairly scarce I don't think we'll see the offers we saw on the XS 2 years ago (I paid £100 + 24 x £36 for 90GB including spotify).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Camera is insane. Some shots of the black rear 12...

Attachments

• 20201119_132755.jpg
    20201119_132755.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve been offered a 12 pro, £55pm x24, £29 upfront.. still pushing for a better deal

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've decided to go with the upgrade offered by Vodafone on a 12 pro 256GB, £29 down and £40 x 24 with trade in of my XS.

No where near as good a deal as I got last time on my XS but having waited until this morning incase any BF deals come out I'm yet to see anything better.

Looking forwards to non s**t low light pics, not having to manage with 64GB and a new battery 😆

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Bought the Mrs a 12 Mini for Christmas but allowed her to have it on Saturday. The thing feels tiny. I kinda want one now :ROFLMAO:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I find anything smaller than my XS Max just feels odd. My work phone is an XR and it feels tiny.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know how to disable the ‘we turned down the volume to protect your hearing’ feature? It thinks I’m listening on headphones when I’m connected to the car, so it thinks I’m listening with the volume cranked. I mean, I generally am, but that’s not the point.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone know how to disable the ‘we turned down the volume to protect your hearing’ feature? It thinks I’m listening on headphones when I’m connected to the car, so it thinks I’m listening with the volume cranked. I mean, I generally am, but that’s not the point.

Under sound and haptics, headphone safety.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone know much about 02 refresh? I’ve been offered this deal

iPhone 12 64GB, 90gb of data for £57 over 24 months.

While that deal isn’t great on its own, they’ve offered to pay off the remainder of my contract, ( 12 months left on it at £44 a month) and I get to keep my iPhone 11.

Sounds pretty good to me?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

While that deal isn’t great on its own, they’ve offered to pay off the remainder of my contract, ( 12 months left on it at £44 a month) and I get to keep my iPhone 11.

Base iPhone 11 locked to O2 is worth £380 if recycled.

Extra cost of this contract is ((57 - 44)*12) + (57 * 12) = £840

Minus your £380 and considering you get another 12 months rental lets take off (£15 x 12 = £180) for an equivalent sim only means it's £280 extra cost to you for an iPhone 12.

Doesn't seem a terrible deal, but is a 12 really much better than an 11? And is 64GB enough storage? One of my reasons for getting an upgrade was needing more space.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Base iPhone 11 locked to O2 is worth £380 if recycled.

Extra cost of this contract is ((57 - 44)*12) + (57 * 12) = £840

Minus your £380 and considering you get another 12 months rental lets take off (£15 x 12 = £180) for an equivalent sim only means it's £280 extra cost to you for an iPhone 12.

Doesn't seem a terrible deal, but is a 12 really much better than an 11? And is 64GB enough storage? One of my reasons for getting an upgrade was needing more space.

64GB is plenty for me. So basically it’s not a terrible deal, but it’s also not amazing.

RS4
64GB is plenty for me. So basically it’s not a terrible deal, but it’s also not amazing.

EE have a deal at the moment on a iphone 12 64gb
50gb unlimited calls and texts
£32per month
£189 upfront

Works out at £39 per month over 24 months but if you have friends who work in the NHS or if you are a student you can get a 20% the line rental

If you have a student friend or family member who will pass you their code you can also get the discount

Last edited:
Reactions: DrR
  2014 Clio 200t edc

how did you get that deal please? I’m in the same boat length wise and interested in a 12. Was it direct with o2 or via someone else?