ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone 3gs wont charge up

Astra SRI/ Hornet
:mad::mad::mad: well last night the battery was low and plugged it in and nothing. had a iphone 3g before so had a spare charger and cable so tried them all around to see if any were broke but still nothing so must be the piece of s**t phone. has any1 had this problem? off to the apple shop later for me as sounds internal.

ps. yes i have reset it a few times. lol

Low or completely dead? When they're dead dead it takes a few seconds for it to do anything.

Make sure all the connectors are in, I know putting a plug in the wall is complex so wouldn't want you making a silly mistake ;)

If that doesn't work, make an appointment at Apple.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
its on 14% so just low. i have a pretty good idea its internal. how long ya reakon it will take for them to blame it on water damage or dropping it. lol its under 6 months old so will still have warranty yeah? think ya get a year.

They'll check the sensors, if you've got it wet they'll say 'why aye pet, you've done a canny bad job with this like, did you drop it in a puddle lad?'

But if they're clear, they'll plug it in and see if it charges/check the diagnostics and more than likely replace it.

Have you tried a restore/update to see if that fixes it before you go to the store?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
na been working as good as an iphone works. lol just typed my serial number in and its still under warranty. dont have a pc so cant restore it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
yeah so they got me with the old water damage and it hasnt even been anywhere near any water so had to buy a new 1. i asked what they would do with the old 1 they said we will recycle it. so i said how come you just said you cant repair it but it can be recycled? robbing f**king c***s. still 139 quid for a 400+ phone is better than a kiick in the nads.

It hasn't been near any water but you just folded when they said it had, and paid for a new one?

Don't really understand your comment about the recycling.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well water damage voids warranty so ya have no argument against it. It's litmus paper inside which I know how easy changes colour.

What don't ya understand about the recycling? They told me they couldn't fix it and then in answer to my question there gonna recycle it so then it blatantly can be fixed.

A crushed coke tin can be recycled but it's not much good for putting coke in TBH.

Err anyway. So the phone is water damaged?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well recycled iPhones get offered for sale anyway Roy for cheaper than brand new so they do get used as phones again.

And yeah never lost or damaged a phone for 7 years until I got an iPhone and now I've lost 1 and damaged 1 in 6 months. Life sucks. Lol