ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who has got cases or screen protectors for the phone yet ? If so where from ? Link etc would be a great help.

dk

911 GTS Cab
screen protectors ffs, enjoy the screen, why put some cheap shitty piece of plastic on top of it because you might (if you are not careful with your stuff and are stupid) get a little scratch on it?

in 12 months, i haven't got a single scratch on my 3gs, really can't see the point of a screen protector on the new one which is supposed to be even harder to scratch because of the compound, totally pointless and ruining the point of an amazinbg screen.

Megane
screen protectors ffs, enjoy the screen, why put some cheap s**tty piece of plastic on top of it because you might (if you are not careful with your stuff and are stupid) get a little scratch on it?

in 12 months, i haven't got a single scratch on my 3gs, really can't see the point of a screen protector on the new one which is supposed to be even harder to scratch because of the compound, totally pointless and ruining the point of an amazinbg screen.

I did it mainly because I can put it down on a table and the back won't scratch. Plus you can't see it anyway

Dave with all due respect you work in an office. I am an Engineer, i work with metal, oil, grease, swarf, 3 phase mains.

My phone is in and out of my pockets most of the day when i am on site.

If i want to enquire about a screen protector or case then that is my choice. If i want your view about a question i have asked i will let you know.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I hate protectors on the sceen, BUT I want one for the back! Its so hard to keep the back of iPhones from scratching! Even the faint scratches p!ss me off, so I want to keep this one neat!

Lovin my 'bumper' though!

I would be very interested to see some actual pics of bumpers fitted to the 4s. The marketing shots on the website don't really look all that real imo.

What colour did you go for DeeKay ?

E87 118d M Sport
Yeah. Im still rolling with the plastic backing from new, and that affects it (obviously Ive taken the front one off lol - just dont wanna scratch the back before i get a screen protector style backing)

Megane
Yeah. Im still rolling with the plastic backing from new, and that affects it (obviously Ive taken the front one off lol - just dont wanna scratch the back before i get a screen protector style backing)

I'm just going to put a little clean hole in it now then its sorted. My friend says there was only a couple like that, the rest all have a whole already on. He's going to swap it when I next see him.

M135i
How do u see how much internet data you have used ? it was mentioned in here somewhere but 180+ pages to search through at half 1 in the morning is a no no

Honda. Tesla Someday
I would be very interested to see some actual pics of bumpers fitted to the 4s. The marketing shots on the website don't really look all that real imo.

Apple only had the black bumpers where I went on launch, so I got a black. Will see if I can post some pics up for you tomorrow

Citroen DS3 DSport

Have a look in the iPhone Bumper thread :)

Revels Mum & Sister
screen protectors ffs, enjoy the screen, why put some cheap s**tty piece of plastic on top of it because you might (if you are not careful with your stuff and are stupid) get a little scratch on it?

Agreed mate! Embrace the lines and feel. Don't wrap it in rubber and plastic. Thats like dating a hot girl and dressing her in bin bags FFS!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It gets quite hot when it's charging, yeah. Same when you hammer WiFi on FameTime or YouTube.

Not a worry though, my 3GS used to do the same thing. This is actually cooler, if anything.

I agree with dk and Rassy. Why cover something so beautiful in tacky screen protectors and a rubber band? Mental.

Just take care of it, don't hide it away.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dave with all due respect you work in an office. I am an Engineer, i work with metal, oil, grease, swarf, 3 phase mains.

My phone is in and out of my pockets most of the day when i am on site.

If i want to enquire about a screen protector or case then that is my choice. If i want your view about a question i have asked i will let you know.
Flol, I don't work in an office, I too am an engineer, if 'only' a computer one and am somewhere different everyday, working in datacenters putting my phone on the floor etc.

I just look after my stuff that's all, the back on the 3GS is plastic so it's going to scatch easy but the new one is supposedly made out of superman material and is very resistant to damage.

I think the bumper is ok as it helps with the reception thing and protects it when you put it down but screen protectors are just insane when you have spent so much on something like this, partly for its beauty and screen quality.

And by posting on here I get a right of reply, I don't need to ask your permission to post my thoughts ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
For those talking about screen covers. I'm still waiting to find the right one. Currently I have both back and front original plastics on, I peeled them both up skilfully and cut the bottom off with some sharp scissors. I then peeled the top of the back up and cut a square out for the camera/flash. The only inconvenience is that the front home button is a bit hard to push.

It'll do until I choose my screen covers.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Lol, so they are going to have an update that shows you have a better signal even if you don't is how I read between the lines on that ;)

That's what they did with the 3G and it worked so hopefully the same now. I have noticed that even with only 1 bar of 3G signal my browsing speeds remain very fast so it may well be a artificially low reading we are currently getting and the handset software is cutting off the connection when it shouldn't be.

Lee

BMW M2C
It gets quite hot when it's charging, yeah. Same when you hammer WiFi on FameTime or YouTube.

Not a worry though, my 3GS used to do the same thing. This is actually cooler, if anything.

I agree with dk and Rassy. Why cover something so beautiful in tacky screen protectors and a rubber band? Mental.

Just take care of it, don't hide it away.

Same here, I had an airjacket on my last one, but there's no way I'm covering up the 4's sharp lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.