ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  ph2 iceburg 172
I think the guy from p4u is talking out of his bum. Def wont be white released next week. I need to go to the o2 shop so can buy out of this contract. dont think phones4u will do that. or they say they will and I will end up with 2 contracts

what you on about? i never mentioned contracts. im well out of contract (been 6 months) they have said when they recieve there allocation of handsets on the day he will put a black one to one side for me, dont see why everyone thinks thats impossible.

He's said white is available so you get there on the day and say

'I want my white iPhone 4 please'
'Sorry Sir, white is out of stock. We can give you black?'

+1 to his sales total. If he was honest from the start, you might go somewhere else.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
what you on about? i never mentioned contracts. im well out of contract (been 6 months) they have said when they recieve there allocation of handsets on the day he will put a black one to one side for me, dont see why everyone thinks thats impossible.

Im talking about how p4u will have connecd you as they wont have white and then I talk about my situation of needing to buy out of contract if thats ok. cheers

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I too have just reserved one from phones4u. They've offered £150 for my old phone and have sold me the 16gb Black for £120, so basically £30 up already!

Gone for the 24 month (mainly as I don't plan on upgrading for a while) Orange contract at £35 a month, got offered a White one too!

ph2 iceburg 172
I too have just reserved one from phones4u. They've offered £150 for my old phone and have sold me the 16gb Black for £120, so basically £30 up already!

Gone for the 24 month (mainly as I don't plan on upgrading for a while) Orange contract at £35 a month, got offered a White one too!

matches up with exactly with what they told me, said they would give me £160 for my smashed 3g. good deal. hope it proves ok

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Here's a hypothetical question for you all.
If, like me you are going to be taking up the early upgrade offer. What do we all reckon would happen if the iP4 is out of stock for a while (maybe even the first month).

Will they...
Take your order and deliver as soon as available and if so, how will they go about working out your early upgrade price, because you have to pay the early upgrade fee before ordering?

If there is a shortage, will there be an extension to the early upgrade offer?

If this makes sense to anyone I'd like your thoughts please peeps!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
They'd only give me £150 for mine because it's been reconditioned, doesn't bother me - got one month free thinking about it.

Just need to pay off my other contract now! I have a Orange contract at the moment so to transfer it to my new Orange contract I'm going to need to port it over to another network and port it back again! Better be worth it!!

If it was available, Apple would be selling them. They want the money. They're hardly likely to let o2 have it as an exclusive! Lol.

If it was a slight delay, I think it would say, like the docks did etc. Based on it being 24th, then 2nd, now 14th July for black.

I think white will be August..

Tesla MP3 2021
No way will Phones4U have the White iPhone for sale on the 24th nor will anyone else. Like it has already been said if it was available Apple would be selling them. Apple control everything, they will milk it and delay it slightly.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
FFS. I'll wait then.

Gutting.

That said, i'll be more gutted if I buy a black one, then the white one comes out. I'd rather wait.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some Apple stores have said they may have white handsets available but nothing is actually confirmed.

When the 3G was released the white handsets were available only at Apple Stores despite reports prior to the launch stating they would not be on sale immediately. o2 had to wait.

Tesla MP3 2021
If you really want White then wait, unless Apple announce something between now and Thursday its not going to be available.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not long now, although it also cannot come soon enough! The past 7 days with my Nokia has annoyed me, lack of internet and email during my daily commute is annoying me, no music and podcasts to listen to is annoying me. Basically I'm annoyed and need my iPhone 4.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Are many people going to buy the Apple Care?

I'm very tempted to be honest, for £60 I don't think it's that expensive.

Abarth 500 Essesse
How fussy are o2 recycle regarding usb cables? as it says they want the charger sending and my usb cable is broke (like all the rest) still works but the plastic has broke

BMW E46 330i Touring
Booking a day's holiday off work to queue up to buy a phone? Seriously?

I'll save my valuable holiday for important stuff, like being at the birth of my first child, kthx.

If O2 are sold out by next Saturday then I'll try a few weeks later, and maybe a few weeks later again. I have no doubt that the iPhone 4 will be fantastic, I really don't. But people who have owned a 3G/S previously will
experience a bit of an anticlimax IMO.

Not long now, although it also cannot come soon enough! The past 7 days with my Nokia has annoyed me, lack of internet and email during my daily commute is annoying me, no music and podcasts to listen to is annoying me. Basically I'm annoyed and need my iPhone 4.
+1

I'm so used to checking emails every other hour on the phone, browsing forums, checking FB and generaly passing the time.

Proves to me the iPhone does actually have a big part of my day to day now.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i can't believe people on here are going to queue outside a shop for a phone ffs, i really can't, thats just plain said i'm afraid. i love my technology but thats ridiculous.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
i can't believe people on here are going to queue outside a shop for a phone ffs, i really can't, thats just plain said i'm afraid. i love my technology but thats ridiculous.

Nearly as ridiculous as spending over £100 on a f**king toaster.

Honda. Tesla Someday

I told people at work that I'm going to be queuing at 4am, they called me crazy!!

Anyways, my current iPhone almost literally ran my life, schedules, work email, personal mail, msn, whatsapp, ping, web browsing, my calendar, facebook, youtube, music, maps, sat nav, images, videos, podcasts, entertainment, games, world cup scores, tvcatchup, etc etc etc could go on forever!

To me, this upgrade (iPhone 4) is a BIG DEAL.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nearly as ridiculous as spending over £100 on a f**king toaster.
That's a really bad analogy, i'm not talking about the phone being worth it, if i was that would be a good retort, but i'm not so thats a stupid retort tbh and is that really the best you could come up with? If i had queued for hours at a store to get it maybe, i have f**king epic toast because of it though.

I just can't believe people can be bothered to waste their time queueing up and taking days off work just to get one of these to show off to people they got one on launch day.

I wanted my ipad on launch day so i pre-ordered it and it came, would i have stood outside a store for hours with people whooping and waving, f**k no, thats sad, i'd have waited.

i just didn't think those sort of people were on here, like children not being able to wait for something.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I told people at work that I'm going to be queuing at 4am, they called me crazy!!

Anyways, my current iPhone almost literally ran my life, schedules, work email, personal mail, msn, whatsapp, ping, web browsing, my calendar, facebook, youtube, music, maps, sat nav, images, videos, podcasts, entertainment, games, world cup scores, tvcatchup, etc etc etc could go on forever!

To me, this upgrade (iPhone 4) is a BIG DEAL.
but you get all that on the current iphone, people were selling them for £5 more to be without a proper for weeks, again, i don't see the point.

i see the point of the new phone, it's epic, but all this queueing and selling phones early to make an extra £5 is silly.

i'll just send my butler out to queue for me i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.