ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
4 days and counting! Sold my 3gs for £350 on fleabay so after fees I get just over £300. They are allowing me to post it on Thursday as well so pick up the 4 and then get the 3gs in the post. Happy days

They see it as if you don't have a debit card, you're unlikely to pass a credit check which was required for the original iPhone as you were supposed to set the contract up when you got home. Same for all the other iPhones.

You can buy an iPad with cash now. Not sure what the situation will be with the 4.

iPad sims wont work. Regardless of them not being registered etc.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
They see it as if you don't have a debit card, you're unlikely to pass a credit check which was required for the original iPhone as you were supposed to set the contract up when you got home. Same for all the other iPhones.

You can buy an iPad with cash now. Not sure what the situation will be with the 4.

iPad sims wont work. Regardless of them not being registered etc.

Even when buying a sim only like this time? Just seems odd business practice thats all. No odds to me, anyway drivers license will be double checked before leaving for work thursday i know that.

Tesla MP3 2021
Who is going to trawl page after page in this thread to see if a question has already asked, which it probably has. Come Thursday this thread will become obsolete, well to some it will ;) lol

Abarth 500 Essesse
TBF i asked a simple question after reading what Tom had put, Revels answered the question it didn't need 4 more people to jump on the band wagon saying it won't work.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just a quick question but why do Apple insist on payment via card in shop? I spoke to them earlier and he made a point saying anyone with cash on the day would be turned away.

No bother for me but found it odd for a shop to run that way

I was going to take £600 cash! Will they not accept my monies!?!?!!?!

(going to Apple to collect my reservation on launch)

edit: posted this before I refreshed to see answers, please dont flame me LOL

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
As Revel's said in an earlier post, could well be worth selling and paying off the remainder of the old contract!

Dont think box breaking would apply, as they are all unlocked arent they?

Even better for them in theory although I suppose not really box breaking in the normal sense of the word (ie buying subsidized handsets)

Oh how I love box breakers. Easy commission!

I don't see how 'boxbreakers' would affect Apple though? I thought it only affected the networks, as they'd loose out on future tarrif money as the locked phone would end up being used on another network.

IOS4 is released tomorrow, what kind of time will that happen, any ideas? I'm off tomorrow so i'll more than likely be awake for hours yet.

SLK 350
I'm not upgrading my 3G to 4.0, not until they detail it's hackable and that ultrasn0w will run. Also heard it reduces battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.