ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
loads of people are reporting having s**t signal (in america im guessing) i hope it isnt the same over here as i cant handle worse signal than i already get!

loads of people are reporting having s**t signal (in america im guessing) i hope it isnt the same over here as i cant handle worse signal than i already get!

Hope not!

Although, it's a totally new antena set up they've used, so who knows.

SLK 350
Guys, was thinking of heading to Regent St Store for 4am. What's the deal with buying iPhones on the day, I have no reservation!

You think they'll have enough, or reservations only?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Got a phone call this afternoon from Phones4u....

"Hello sir, this is phones for you confirming we have your iphone in stock. It is reserved under your name and no one else will be able to purchase it until after end of business tmrw, out of curiosity, what time are you turning up"

"8 a.m"

"Thanks, see you then"

£5 deposit, winner winner chicken dinner!

Guys, was thinking of heading to Regent St Store for 4am. What's the deal with buying iPhones on the day, I have no reservation!

You think they'll have enough, or reservations only?

The que was starting to get pretty hefty at around 8pm this eve :( I imagine it will be huge by the morning?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just wiping my iPhone now so I can hand it over at Phones4u tomorrow ... I happen to have the "Dentist" at 0800 tomorrow so have to go into work late. :(

Honda. Tesla Someday
ok, not kidding here. I am leaving home NOW to queue. LoL, mates are waiting for me! Have one reserved at Westfields!

ok, not kidding here. I am leaving home NOW to queue. LoL, mates are waiting for me! Have one reserved at Westfields!

FLOL. Going to queue for 9 hours, overnight, for a phone!?!? And not just any phone, no, a phone with yellow blobs on the screen.

Crazy. Watch out you don't catch 'virginity' in the queue and hope it stays dry for ya lol.

182 RB FF
Im leaving mine at 6 tomorrow to get the regents street store despite having a pre-order. I just don't want to spend my day in a queue.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I suppose you have better things to do with your time?

Hanging out with mates all night sounds pretty cool to me

Yeah great hanging about on the street like your 15 again yayyyy

As said though, why queue if you have one reserved?

57 Clio Campus Sport
I have tried to update my 3G to iOS4 and I now have No Service. WTF!

Mother has had the exact same problem tonight. I told her to try reset, hold power, slide to shutdown then turn back on again and now it's working so maybe try that.

Last edited:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
To be honest, I'm not fussed about any of the issues - if it's a problem then it'll get sorted by Apple.

That's the best thing I like about Apple, they won't sod around with sending something off for repair, straight swap 99% of the time.

Anyone going for Apple care? I think I may do this time!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Seems pointless on iphones, chances of keeping it much over a year are slim :S

That maybe the case if you are buying the phone outright but I guess if you are on contract you'd probably keep it for the full 18 months / 2 years?

I will be anyway ...

Status
Not open for further replies.