ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
whats everyones thoughts on the battery life so far? Gave it a good full charge over night last night. Used it about as much today as I would have used the old one and I'm down to 80% already :S

Same. FaceTime seems to use loads of battery.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mine's not doing it... :S

I feel like i'm missing out.

How strong is your signal 'Topher? As I've said, it doesn't seem to affect a strong 3g signal in the slightest, it just seems to be when you have "o" or "E" that you can cause it to drop massively just by picking it up the wrong way.

The times I see it being most annoying,

If you have low signal, go to answer a call, pick it up "wrong" and it sends then to voicemail... I'd be raging.

If you send a message, change your hand position because you're no longer typing and the message fails to send because of this.

TBH I didn't think mine was doing it until I got home, but it quite clearly does.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If you send a message, change your hand position because you're no longer typing and the message fails to send because of this.

Had this twice today already.. grr.. and to tap try again then quickly put the phone down so it got a signal. Annoying.

SLK 350
Had this twice today already.. grr.. and to tap try again then quickly put the phone down so it got a signal. Annoying.

That sounds really fking annoying.

Out of interest, if you bridge the antennae while you're on WIFI, does it also interfere with the wireless signal strength or quality?

Exceptionally glad mine is sold now!

FaceTime turns the phone into a radiator after ten minutes!

Nice, why not waste a bit more energy :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
That sounds really fking annoying.

Out of interest, if you bridge the antennae while you're on WIFI, does it also interfere with the wireless signal strength or quality?

Nope, doesn't affect wifi in the slightest.

Surprisingly I still love it. But going to get a bumper or a feather case for it.

SLK 350
Nope, doesn't affect wifi in the slightest.

Surprisingly I still love it. But going to get a bumper or a feather case for it.

Surely just walk into Apple and demand one, f**k paying for it!

Indeed, if anybody has an iPhone 4 for sale, by all means contact me! :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Phones4u are f**king me around, still no stock today.

Have decided to order online from the same company (?!?!) to take advantage of the £60 cashback, I'll also be better off with the money from Mazuma.

All win ... just wonder how long the backlog is with Phones4u!

6/468 17poo
Just walked past 02 in colchester people are still queuing up and there only letting a few people in at a time, this is beyond sad now!

I can only see a few benefits with this phone eg camera and facetime, and there seems a few downfalls especially the contracts!

fiesta 1.25
Just been to pick another up from apple. Joined the queue at the front and got served within 30 seconds. I got the feeling the customers queing up didnt like me

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just phoned Phones4u - they SHOULD (read: probably not) be getting stock today - could get it next week sometime.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im sp glad i just bit the bullet and got one last night, i wouldnt have been doing much else so its all good

I just tried a simple test with the signal issue, at my desk.

Held the phone in my left hand, with my palm touching the left and bottom strips.
The bars dropped from 5-1.

Held it again in the same position, with a piece of tissue paper in the palm of my hand, and the bars stayed at 5.

Clearly to do with our hands conducting/interfering.

I'm weighing up whether to carry some tissue around all day, or get a bumper.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
or just dont touch it there lol

tbh i make like 1 call a day.. its not going to be a massive issue for me

DC5
Just walked past 02 in colchester people are still queuing up and there only letting a few people in at a time, this is beyond sad now!

Does seem silly when you can do it over the phone. I just rang up and had confirmation within 20-30 minutes that it would be with me within 2 working days.

Whether your left handed or not, it should have never been an issue on a £600 handset!!

Plus, people are reporting that it affects text messaging when you send in landscape mode.

Hoping there is a fix for my left handed misses, or can she sue for discrimination (you know in America they would probably do that!).

clio williams, Ph1 172
glad I waited now. hopefully will fix the problem, or all the left handed people will be flogging theres lol. Maybe they will make a left handed version with antenna on the other side pmsl

a phone built around form, ruined with a plastic ring. great.

and to think beforehand, i though that the bumpers would be of detriment to signal. lol.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ok, backed up the old iphone and it restored all my pics/music/txt etc but only some of the apps.... any reason why?

If none of the apps Seb, you certain it's been ticked to include? Sounds stupid but reinstalled iTunes recently and I didn't check the box. . .

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah maybe it wasn't... i'll click it then back up the old 3g and then restore the new one i guess.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
itunes did a ''update carrier'' or something similair to the iphone... still not getting any reception cos i guess the sim is not registered or whatever?

will try another on/off cycle and sit it out for a bit.

172 mk2
Tesco down until tomorrow now! Anyone selling a 16GB!? Lol

its so fcuking annoying, rung allll day yesterday trying to get through, for them to say they cant sell any, same again today. just get the busy tone all the time.

guy told me to ring tomorrow after 10 as thats when the maintenance guy would be finished.

cant they just put a message on their website, or allow people to buy from the website!! :mad:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
My sim got registered at the o2 store n moved over in the middle of the night so from about 4am -11 am i had no phone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.